advertisement

portraits of your city

vuk

\o/ choose anarchy
my recent trip to vancouver and the struggles i went through trying to capture impressions made me appreciate the idiosyncratic beauty of where i live and how easy it is for me to perceive it. what i'd like to see in this thread (though i accept it may take another direction) are some loving shots of where you live.

to start things off, the most pleasant moments for me in toronto are as the sun sets and the frigid, glassy towers soften up and reflect a bit of dreaminess. it may take a while to get this right, but here is a picture that's at least in the right direction:

image.php

Last edited:
mods: a better title to the thread may be "portraits of your city"

p.s. thanks!

gromit, did you take that from a local helicopter taxi?

btw -- i was puzzled at the slight asymmetry of the towers, but then googled and saw there are actually 3 of them there.

The occupants of the castle built a tower that that gives a super view of the Cathedral as well as the lower areas of the City.
However the tower was not tall enough for the producers of the film "The Wild and the Willing" who added and extra 20 feet or so to improve the appearance of the Castle. This was in 1962. Google for the full story of the film.

i was hoping to see a bit more from you lot by now, especially some pictures of manchester.

The occupants of the castle built a tower that that gives a super view of the Cathedral as well as the lower areas of the City.
However the tower was not tall enough for the producers of the film "The Wild and the Willing" who added and extra 20 feet or so to improve the appearance of the Castle. This was in 1962. Google for the full story of the film.

Thanks Derek - you beat me to it! :)

advertisement

Back