advertisement

Portillo moment, take 2...

Darmok

pfm Member
3650.jpg

GB News
Discovery sells GB News stake as directors resign in shake-up

Loss-making TV channel loses biggest investor as it faces competition from Rupert Murdoch’s TalkTV

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2...gb-news-stake-as-directors-resign-in-shake-up

Extract...

GB News announced a number of new hires including Michael Portillo, who joins the channel’s political team and will launch his own programme in the autumn; Camilla Tominey, in addition to her position as associate editor at The Telegraph; and the Daily Mail’s Andrew Pierce.

Hmmm, a glutton for punishment!

Perhaps we may even get a cross channel rivalry "one-upmanship" battle with Andrew Neil on Ch4...

Popcorn or for me, Cheese Quavers ready.

I did a search for a GB news thread but I think it got discarded in to the refuse, and rightly so.

This thread is doomed for the same fate in time, I hope.

Last edited:
I also enjoy his "Railway Journeys". Maybe Gor-Blimy Numpties hired him to present is a way that nudges a bit towards *not* being bonkers. Or to just talk about the railways...

I think he is a good example of the corrosive effects of politics… Decent bloke turned into something from the Adams family. I always look to Ken Clarke as someone grounded/gifted enough to cope. It’s rare. Obvious when you look the current bunch turning themselves inside out to make the impossible possible and plausible.

I think he is a good example of the corrosive effects of politics… Decent bloke turned into something from the Adams family. I always look to Ken Clarke as someone grounded/gifted enough to cope. It’s rare. Obvious when you look the current bunch turning themselves inside out to make the impossible possible and plausible.

Et Al...

How much better would this country be if people like him and Clarke had worked to assist the people who really needed help from the lower rungs of society when they had a chance.

Nowadays those poor souls get humiliated and ground down by the dwp regime.

I also enjoy his "Railway Journeys". Maybe Gor-Blimy Numpties hired him to present is a way that nudges a bit towards *not* being bonkers. Or to just talk about the railways...

I lost all respect for Portillo throughout the duration of the exponential shark-jump that was This Week with Andrew Neil. Each week the ugliness and idiocy was worse than the week before and it just ended up with the two right-wing oafs bringing on someone not quite as right-wing to monster at the BBC license payers expense. The trajectory to the utterly dreadful racist, gammon nationalist and science-denying GB News was entirely predictable. Neither are any better than that platform. Once the UK gets its unregulated far-right Fox News they will get their shows.

Delicious that the venture crapitalists who funded GB News are getting their fingers burnt.

What does this facial expression indicate?

Screenshot-2022-08-18-at-22-10-01.png

I just want to see that nasty bloke off Coast looking for a job.
After Andrew Neil departed GBN he hinted at a return to BBC.
Nine months later and not a squeak.

Slightly different for Neil Oliver. He can be the bigotry spouting bloke off Coast again. This time working on a cruise ship.

Last edited:
We should be careful what we wish for.
GBN might reinvent itself as a niche cruise ship tainting port towns & cities one day at a time.

I lost all respect for Portillo throughout the duration of the exponential shark-jump that was This Week with Andrew Neil. Each week the ugliness and idiocy was worse than the week before and it just ended up with the two right-wing oafs bringing on someone not quite as right-wing to monster at the BBC license payers expense. The trajectory to the utterly dreadful racist, gammon nationalist and science-denying GB News was entirely predictable. Neither are any better than that platform. Once the UK gets its unregulated far-right Fox News they will get their shows.

Pleased to say I never saw the above programme! My SOP is to avoid anything involving 'Brillo'. Only see him when PE use his picture again. 8-]

He has a very dubious clothing 'style' especially his trousers, as such I find him unwatchable.

I once sat next to him on an Easyjet flight to Bilbao. He was quite entertaining company for the duration. Very personable.

advertisement

Back