advertisement

"Portable" (but not really) options for the garden...

How about we make a law that you're allowed to play loud music in your garden but only if you play what your neighbours want?

It would work rather like someone cutting a cake in half and the other person choosing which slice they want.

Unsolicited noise... what a pain.

Much like unsolicited, off-topic, opinions on an internet thread.

It's amazing how people can't join the dots between their behaviour and their opinions...

Still, you just follow your own narrow set of rules with your own narrow criteria as to when they apply...

Genuinely, many thanks to those who replied in the spirit of the request and kept it on topic... I really appreciate those insights (and lots of love for the Sonos option... good to know).

C
Glad I don’t live near you and your selfish outlook.

Have a good look at the efficiency of the speakers, if that's possible with an all-in-one unit. If they're inefficient you'll end up drinking batteries or constantly recharging. This is often a point that reviews omit.

I'd be wondering if the JBL is the best option in that respect as they have been building LOUD speakers (which doesn't mean bad) for donkeys years.

If you want truly portable I have a thing called an "Aquablaster" . It's waterproof to shower levels. It's the size of half a grapefruit, rechargeable and I use it when I'm in hotels for work. Every time I use it I'm amazed at how good it sounds. Oh, and £12 or so from B&M Home Bargains Plastic Crap Stretcher or wherever. But great sounding.

I have a vifa Oslo, there are other models. Really great sound, although the app seems nonexistent( it may only work with the larger models?). Works fine on Bluetooth.

The Vifa was kind of a surprise to me, caught a little as for them by chance. They look kind of cool. The sound bar has kind of got my interest slightly, might have to peruse a bit more on them.

advertisement

Back