Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Poll: will you take the NHS Covid vaccine if offered it?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by TheDecameron, Sep 14, 2020.

?

Will you take the vaccine if offered to you by the NHS?

1. Yes

112 vote(s)
    84.2%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. chartz

chartz pfm Member

Definitely yes.

2. jtrade

jtrade pfm Member

UK Department of Health estimates 17,000 average flu deaths per annum in recent years, so statistics, as always, seem to vary greatly.
    "Covid deaths" seems to mean deaths where Covid was present, but not necessarily the cause of death.
    Did you watch the link I posted ? I felt the data was presented in a pragmatic way.

3. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Anyone who gives a flying .... about his fellow man will welcome a full proof, fully tested vaccine against Covid.

kensalriser likes this.
  4. flutteringwow

flutteringwow Well-Known Member

Not a chance.

5. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

It is estimated we currently have around 60,000 Covid related deaths in the UK. This before we enter the dark days in a couple of months of the dreaded second wave, which could see off as many as 85,000 in 3 months in a recent worst case scenario prediction by sage.

Some in this country need to wake up to what this is, this isn't some flu bug which kills your granny, this is sars on steroids.

6. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

Why not??

7. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Tin foil offers better protection obvs.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  8. cubastreet

cubastreet Espresso Fiend

I put CBD only cannabis (no THC) in a dynavap vaporiser. About 0.05g once or twice a day.

There are air quality monitoring stations here, I think they measure micrograms of PM2.5 particles per cubic metre of air. The scale goes up to 500 - above 300 is the hazardous end of the scale above unhealthy and very unhealthy. It's been over 500 for most of the last week.

I lived in Portland once before on 07-08. It was much more fun that time around.

jackbarron likes this.
  9. Barrymagrec

Barrymagrec pfm Member

I`ve seen screwdrivert meeting that criteria.....

10. jackbarron

jackbarron Chelsea, London

The air quality sounds really scary. I wondered about the CBD reference. I use caps, or oil, sometimes. It helps to chill me out and because there's no psychoactive THC in it I don't get scarily stoned. It's good to hear that it's helping you.

Jack

cubastreet likes this.
  11. Daveo

Daveo pfm Member

The point of my post was merely that despite having certain illnesses it's not an immediate death sentence, the 'just saying' was to highlight it was in part jest.
    I'm also not passing up the the vaccine, but i will do given the chance until it's been proven to be safe after a couple of years if possible - is this not sensible. I'm very fit, i don't see why i should compromise that by putting something in my body that i am uncertain about.

12. rbrown

rbrown I think therefore I think I am

I have absolutely no idea.

13. Brian

Brian Eating fat, staying slim

I couldn’t agree more.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.
  14. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

The first British guy to contact Covid in Wuhan is well documented. A 27 year old who kept fit & was in peak condition. It nearly finished him off so i wouldn't presume anything with this virus.

I suppose it depends on whether you want the needle or the possibility of the ventilator. Not to mention having it will protect your family, friends & colleagues.

15. Ruairi

Ruairi pfm Member

Certainly food for thought. Cheers.

Hope you make quick and full recovery too btw