advertisement

[FS] Podium Model 1 speakers, need tlc, any interest? Delivery in M6 corridor possible on Saturday.

VanDerGraaf

pfm Member
Unique. Huge. Weird and wonderful. Originally £6k! Heaven for classical lovers. Not for grime afficionados.

Check the 6Moons review- they kept them!

Don't have room anymore, nor time to fix the issue with them. A little decoupling of the 3m double-sided tape that bonds the panel to the exciters on one of the speakers.
At high volumes you can hear a little physical vibration due to this. I have several videos that I have made showing me playing them at low to "fairly healthy" volumes and the problem is barely apparent. I can send these along via whatsapp.

Someone with the space to fix this issue would have no problem doing it-there are details on the diyaudio forum, I also have a couple of pm's from the poster on there with further details that can be passed on.

I now live in a much smaller house and don't have the space to do this, or the peace and quiet!

Available to anyone on here for £550 rather than the £1 to £2k they would usually be in full health.

Any early adopters can benefit from delivery tomorrow in the M6 corridor as far south as Birmingham.

Sorry for this very late ad but I have been let down by a total time wasting clown on ebay- my journey south tomorrow is still going ahead as before.

Loudspeaker Models: Podium Sound (tllc.london) The current equivalents- not as big as these...and extremely expensive.

I'm a little south of Glasgow but willing to travel for meetups, halfway points etc. Delivery possible within reasonable distances.

….and folk thought my Klipschorns were big!
Mark and Henk (6 moons ) liked them a lot; there’s no substitute for size.
But, as you say, houses need to be bigger (why I don’t have the Ks…..)
Someone could be in for a treat,if they can fetch them!

I had the smaller Podium point 5.
Superb.

An experienced audio buddy said, with patent disbelief as he knelt in front of them "they just provide an open window into the music".
He wasn't wrong.

Great speakers, I feel sure, and well worth the effort to put them right.

Glws.

Wish I still had my Victorian flat - big rooms, high ceilings.....

Bump....

If any interest shown I can bring these to the WAM show next week.
New thread possibly coming with gear for pick up at the show.

advertisement

Back