Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] PMC GB1i speakers in cherry

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by raysablade, Dec 21, 2021.

1. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

Earlier this year I planned to hand over a pair of cherry veneered PMC GB1is as a trade in against the something else . They come boxed and complete but are in lamentable condition with 17, at the last count, marks and scratches and a significant ding on the back. I'm the first owner so there really is no excuse. They have a 20 year warranty but I don't think it is transferrable

The price the dealer offered was already low and i was nervous that once the inventory of my shameful treatment of them was compiled, it would sink further. So I resisted.

However they have become something of a domestic bugbear and I'm faced with the choice of boxing them up and stuffing them in the attic, where they will probably be forgotten or taking them to the dump with annual mountain of pre-Christmas clear out on Thursday.

I'd be content to let them go for £300.

I've tried to capture the worst of the carnage but am happy to supply more detailed photos and description to anyone who is interested at that price.

As you can see they are very pretty, from a distance;)

Pick up from Newcastle upon Tyne would be my preferred mode of send off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you could collect I'd be happy to let them and my RP6 go for £800 combined.

2. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Bloody hell, don't tip them!

3. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

That's only the choice I'm presented with. The attic is dry if not warm, just not a long term residence for decent quality speakers.

I do have some Falcons Q7s and Tannoy Devons to try over Christmas so determining the PMC's future is not an entirely unreasonable request.

4. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Surely there's some dealers there who would take them off your hands? 2ndhandhifi in Stockton on Tees, or Lintone in Gateshead?

5. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

I've had an offer from a member here so it looks like they have been sparred the attic:)

These are on hold.

6. Piksky

Piksky pfm Member

Message sent.

7. djftw

djftw Heterodox Member

Give me a shout if these don't find a home, I've always wanted to try PMCs and restoring the cabinets might be a fun project for me and my dad! My Gran is in Gosforth so I would likely be able to collect while visiting her sometime!

8. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Bargain !!

Don't bin them !!

9. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

These are still on hold for collection after Christmas but thanks for all of the offers. They are certain of a more caring environment.

paulfromcamden and Enrae8 like this.
  10. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

Looks like a bargain for someone.

11. raysablade

raysablade pfm Member

Now; sold, collected and gone to a better place;)

12. JimmyB

JimmyB pfm Member

Well not sure about a better place but they're happily singing on the end of a Marantz PM4!