advertisement

Plumber's Mait

simonbrown

The Dogfather
Made the mod suggested in this link yesterday http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/td125tweaks.html with Plumber's Mait (non-setting sanitaryware putty). Surprisingly effective on my TD125 mk1, and music was very enjoyable last night and today ! I haven't used anything like the quantity shown, but it still seems to work very well. Recommended, though if you don't like it you had best make sure you have a roll of kitchen towel and a bottle of meths to hand.

Anyone tried something like this on a Linn ?

Simon

I wouldn't. Unless you distribute the mass symmetrically to a high degree of accuracy you could get precession, which will damage the bearing and, I expect, sound bad. Think how an unevenly loaded washing machine jumps about.

I wouldn't. Unless you distribute the mass symmetrically to a high degree of accuracy you could get precession, which will damage the bearing and, I expect, sound bad. Think how an unevenly loaded washing machine jumps about.

Turntables tend not to do to hundreds of RPM!

No, but it causes the sub chassis to oscillate slightly once per revolution. Many LP12's do this, especially early ones.

advertisement

Back