advertisement

Playing 45s on my Naim'ed LP12

teokc

I am sure this topic has been covered umpteenth times but can someone enlighten me here? I really do miss listening to "In Rainbows" on vinyl.

I'm afraid you'll have to get hold of an adaptor to go over the pulley (and second belt) from Linn.
It's a bit of a faff, and one of the reasons I went for the Lingo instead.

This would make the Armageddon a non-starter here is it. There are a lot of records in the piles that are 45 on one side and 33 on the other. The faffing about would detract from playing them. It is a major fail from Naim, focussing only on jazz, classical and album based Dad Rock there.

So the plan is the adapter, extra rubber band and a bent motor spindle from all the pushing and pulling.

You don't get this from. Technics 1210.

DS

heard about a PS Audio power supply that would be able to do that. is that possible?

or just get a Rega for 45s.

I would recommend a Hercules II:

http://www.stamfordaudio.co.uk/pages/1102.htm

or, even better, the Mose Hercules II which in a superb external box (a bit like the Lingo) with a power supply.

Selling your existing supply and buying a Hercules will certainly cost less than getting a Rega just to play 45s.

malcolm

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I think they are over £60 now, which does seem a lot of money for a small piece of metal and a rubber band.

The adaptor does come free as part of the Majik LP12 package, but I always felt I was damaging the deck when I removed the pulley. Upgrading to the Radikal solved the problem.

With my Lp12 all I need is my adaptor - no second belt, just use the same belt. Whats all this about a second belt?

Using the adaptor stretches the belt which eventually makes it useless for the 33 speed so, if you insist on using the adaptor, you should keep one belt for 45 and another belt for 33,

malcolm

eventually .... useless

p.s. you can't unstretch a stretched belt!

advertisement

Back