advertisement

Pitchfork: Best albums of the 2010s

I have 7 or 8 of them. One of them is Kacey Musgrave's Golden Hour.... Somewhere in their top 20.
Got to take issue with this.... I like it, it's a nice album but it's basically countrified pop, nothing terribly original at all.
Meanwhile, Phoebe Bridger's Stranger in the Alps is nowhere mentioned.... It's far less poppy but still in that Americana folk-rock zone, yet much more moving and understated, haunting songs with so much more to say.

11 only. And embarrassed by owning some of them. Bought on rep and played once. It seems the 2010’ were as shit as the 80’s.

They clearly went about this the wrong way, 200 is far too many, it should have been quality over quantity.

A top 50 would have bought it down to an average of 5 essential albums a year which is far more realistic than what they went for, instead of picking dozens of mediocre tat they could have narrowed it down to music actually worth a damn.

An odd list, no John Grant which is silly. Over represented by Frank Ocean & Beyonce, Arianna Grande is in the lsit FFS. Arctic Monkeys - AM is outside the top 100 which is ridiculous, that is an album that will still be listened to in 20 years time whereas Bon Iver?

I’ve just had another longer look at the list and it is fascinating to see just how many albums they think are better than Gil Scott Heron’s I’m New Here.

I’ve just had another longer look at the list and it is fascinating to see just how many albums they think are better than Gil Scott Heron’s I’m New Here.

Yes I must admit that one did jump out at me whilst scrolling through.

Probably best of the bunch for me, although the two K's are also right up there also.

Bloss

advertisement

Back