advertisement

pisssing it down

graystoke4

pfm Member
I knew something was A-Foot with the shocking weather on Friday, in Nottingham, and i was right Download started, a government test, does anyone know who's playing , and headlining ,i was supposed to go last year KISS was to hold their last ever gig there, :rolleyes: again, no this time for sure, honest ,,

I knew something was A-Foot with the shocking weather on Friday, in Nottingham, and i was right Download started, a government test, does anyone know who's playing , and headlining ,i was supposed to go last year KISS was to hold their last ever gig there, :rolleyes: again, no this time for sure, honest ,,

I laughed when I saw Download was on. More fun in mud. Rubbish tents, only option is get trolleyed.

I’m afraid the weather in Nottingham on Friday was down to me and wasn’t a government test at all, not even the third ‘s’. I’m a bit like that bloke in one of Douglas Adams’ books who attracts all the rainclouds. You probably noticed it was particularly wet around lunchtime, when I was at the station for half an hour changing trains.

'Mr Marchbanks Changes Trains'.

Swindon was where I usually changed trains. My ex-boss was a trainspotter, and one day, whilst we were sitting at Swindon waiting for a connection and talking work-related stuff, he suddenly rushed off. I thought he'd been taken ill, but he returned a few minutes later, notebook in hand, and highly delighted to have spotted a particular type of engine (or possibly truck) that he'd never seen before. (He did tell me, in some detail, but the information has for some reason escaped my memory bank).

'Mr Marchbanks Changes Trains'.

Swindon was where I usually changed trains. My ex-boss was a trainspotter, and one day, whilst we were sitting at Swindon waiting for a connection and talking work-related stuff, he suddenly rushed off. I thought he'd been taken ill, but he returned a few minutes later, notebook in hand, and highly delighted to have spotted a particular type of engine (or possibly truck) that he'd never seen before. (He did tell me, in some detail, but the information has for some reason escaped my memory bank).
I’m ashamed to say I was a tiny bit excited by the prospect of going over the Newark Crossing soon afterwards. I think your boss and I might have got on. I always felt looking at engines or trucks - or most other things, let’s face it - was a preferable alternative to actually doing some work.

Last edited:
Hay, mr banks are you the Rain maker, plenty and gold ridden work for you in Australia, they are prying for rain in the north east, hasen't rained there for over 8 years in parts,

advertisement

Back