advertisement

Pipe Smokers?

Bjork67

pfm Member
I currently smoke rollies amber leaf, but seeing as i have reached the age of 51 i find myself reminiscing about the old chap who lived next door who smoked a pipe. I loved the smell and thought maybe i would try one, would i be smoking the same amount of baccy or do you tend to use more. I do know its a different sort of tobacco but wondered the running costs.

Now edited

Last edited:
My son indulges. Buys here

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/

He has 6 or 7 corn cobb pipes, and his usual fuel is Thomas Radford Sunday Fantasy, a similar aroma to a bonfire.
The other tobacco is English Summer Flake, a tad more pleasant for the hooter.
This smoking only takes place in his workshop or the extreme edge of our decking.

Bloss

Last edited:
up until recently my aunt smoked a small clay pipe despite having COPD caused by smoking. She dropped dead after never regaining consciousness after surgery to remove a tumour from one of her lungs.

The small clay pipe she smoked enabled her to use small amounts of pipe tobacco to service her nicotine addiction. I always jokingly used to call it her crack pipe.

If you smoke prison rollies then a pipe would need at least 30 times that amount to fill. Also pipe smokers tend not to inhale.

I dare say flea markets or maybe 2nd hand shops maybe the place to pick one up as a testing device. Some fancy prices for a new pipe and they seem so similar apart from the prices.

This smoking only takes place in his workshop or the extreme edge of our decking.

image.png

http://viz.co.uk/2014/09/25/789/

Amazing that people want to spend significant sums of money on a pursuit that will make them look stupid, smell like a burning allotment, ruin their quality of life and cause premature death.

The sheer stupidity of humans is staggering.

went to black country living museum recently and they had all the old shops there , one was full of all the old tobacco etc.

i believe that when the isle of man banned smoking in prisons they started using pubic hair wrapped in pages from bibles etc . fortunately vaping has stopped all that and saves lives thankfully

smoking really does cause some dreadful illness`s amongst them is bladder cancer

Pipe Smoking: tastes like crap, but useful for inhaling nicotine while working outside in adverse conditions (once alight, turn the barrel upside down and you can drive a tractor in pouring rain while continuing to imbibe). I just stopped driving tractors in the rain though...decision made at age 14 :)

I currently smoke rollys amber leaf, but seeing as i have reached the age of 51 i find myself reminiscing about the old chap who lived next door who smoked a pipe. I loved the smell and thought maybe i would try one, would i be smoking the same amount of baccy or do you tend to use more. I do know its a different sort of tobacco but wondered the running costs.

oh it is "rollies" not "rollys"

try an e-pipe https://www.petershampipes.co.uk/

up until recently my aunt smoked a small clay pipe despite having COPD caused by smoking. She dropped dead after never regaining consciousness after surgery to remove a tumour from one of her lungs.

The small clay pipe she smoked enabled her to use small amounts of pipe tobacco to service her nicotine addiction. I always jokingly used to call it her crack pipe.
Pipe tobacco smells lovely IMO, my uncle used to smoke it. It’s still tobacco though and smoking it is ultimately very bad for you.

I used to enjoy smoking cigarettes, cigars and pipes, often one after the other. I also smoked a hookah when I was stationed in Morocco. In the end though I gave it all up about twenty years ago and felt much better for it. One of the first things I noticed was that hangovers weren't nearly as bad.

advertisement

Back