advertisement

Pioneer CS77 Speakers

murphydog

Canine member
Can anyone offer any info on these speakers? A few bits I've gleaned from googling seem to suggest that they're fairly efficient and might like valves.

Thanks,Paul

Well, I shelled out £25 for these beasts and although they're f'ugly they don't sound at all bad. There's a bit of top end missing so I'm wondering if the crossover needs a recap.
Is this straightforward? Its a three way design, does this complicate things? Most importantly will I get more out of the tweeter?
Thanks,Paul

Lets have a pic then - I have no idea what these are, and as this thread makes it to page 1 of Google I guess I won't be finding out anytime soon!

Tony.

Info in Japanese here
30cm woofer, 12cm mid and a horn tweet
372mm wide, 642mm high and 310mm deep (approx NS-1000M size)
They weigh 22kgs each - which does seem a little on the light side - but the cabinet is made from walnut timber, apparently.
102db efficient!
Pioneer claimed an operating range of 35Hz ~ 25kHz for this sealed box speaker, but of course wasn't saying how many db down it was at those frequencies ;-)
I would expect the horn to begin rolling of after about 5kHz. This is not a bad thing. In terms of setup, make sure the horn tweets are pointed at your ears!

advertisement

Back