advertisement

pioneer A300R precision schematic

glenn jarrett

pfm Member
hi
looking for a schematic for pioneer ( A300R precision amplifier) just got hold of one going to get a standard A300R and see what Tom Evans did to make the precision the legend that it is
one of the best sounding amps I have ever heard
I have also seen inside the A400 GTE which Tom modded he changed some of the caps removed the feedback caps and theres a little servo board under chassis

Is it the Tom Evans modded A300R Precision you've got and you're looking to get a standard A300R Precision to compare?

The A300/A400 service manual is freely available, but you may struggle to get the A300R Precision schematic. As far as I know, Tom Evans still offers an amp upgrade service, so maybe posting his mods is a bit dodgy?

Hi Grazie
I think I will try to get hold of a standard A300R to compare
I have the A400-A300 schematic
but I think the A300R and A300 are different
it will be interesting to see just what he did to make the precision sound so good
I wont be posting my findings didn't know Tom still did them just want to know how to so i can try it out on other makes and models of amplifiers
i have tried wet tants in the feedback of a A400 re capped the entire board with elna cerafines and sill micII polys on the input
I made a device using a couple of relays that switched a pair of speakers between my modded amp and a standard A400
and to be honest there was no real difference !

I find the available info on this model a bit confusing. As I understand it, there are 3 models available.

1. A300R
2. A300R Precision (update designed by Tom Evans)
3. A300R Precision Tom Evans upgrade (further expensive upgrade designed & implemented by Tom Evans)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Just kicking this thread back into action - I have the same question - what are the differences between the stock Pioneer A300R and the stock Pioneer A300R PRECISION?

I don't mean the Full Monty - just the PRECISION that Pioneer rolled out in numbers as a result of Tom Evans being in a consultancy role?

This may be a tough question to the panel - but it would be great to know - thanks.

I don't have schematics but I have both amps. Would pictures help if both internals for anyone?

advertisement

Back