advertisement

Pinnacle in Administration

dss

Musical Bons
I see the the guys who do the independant market distribution for vinyl , CDs have gone under.

This means there will be virtually no way for the few remaining stores go get indie vinyl other than from the label itself is it.

The way things are going, there won't be any more new non-dance vinyl available.

DS

There are other independent distributors in the UK so assuming their finances are sound the records should continue making it to the shops.

Wouldn't be surprised if some labels close as a result of their stock being tied up in administration though.

Huge problems ahead I suspect as Entertainment UK has gone too (part of the Woolworths group), i.e. much of the UK music distribution network has now just collapsed. I fear this will take a lot of otherwise healthy shops down - you can't sell it if you can't buy it in...

Tony.

That Pinnacle story is pretty old news actually. In a way it's a greater problem than the failure of EUK. Pinnacle hold stock from numerous small labels, and in situations like this it's usually the record labels which suffer because they will see neither their supplies nor the money. This isn't particularly new. The story has been repeated numerous times during the past couple of decades and several smallish labels vanished as a result.

On the other hand, Zavvi was doomed to failure from the outset. The company There was a reason for Virgin retail closing the shops in the first place. I think you'll find it wasn't EUK that took out Zavvi - quite the reverse. The next issue is will Virgin be liable for the tens of millions Zavvi owes because the debt was partially underwritten by them...

advertisement

Back