advertisement

Pinkfish Petrolheads - driving gloves?

Does anyone drive whil wearing headgear?

Yes. I always use a Hereford Cap made by the now sadly defunct Olney company. I have two at the moment . One for work and one for best. Basically I never take it off once passed my vestibule, except in a church or in a shop. I feel quite undressed without a cap outside my house, or when driving.

I have worn a cap since the 1970s, being a bear of very little hair!

IMG_0794 by George Johnson, on Flickr

Styling by someone not terribly dedicated to fashion, except where head-gear is concerned. This is on July 3rd last year on Lu's second day with me. I have no photos of me in a car.

There used to be a wise saying: "If you want to get ahead, get a hat." Did not work for me, but I have never got sunburnt or had a headache from the cold either, wearing a hat, during driving or just out.

Best wishes from George

In a car that is not ours, I wear either Sealskin gloves or cheap leather gloves which are for gardening - which I do not do - because steering wheels are really dirty.

In a car that is not ours, I wear either Sealskin gloves or cheap leather gloves which are for gardening - which I do not do - because steering wheels are really dirty.
Have you watched Fantabulosa? It’s excellent.

Just go full Stig.

s-l1600.png

£ 57 on Ebay.

I have used snug fitting nappa leather gloves from M&S and Ted Baker, not only in a real car but on my sim racing ...

I got some leather ones from next… when you have rheumatoid arthritis and you have to scrape ice off your windows, they’re a godsend. Unlike wool, the ice doesn’t stick and then melts through them, your hands stay dry and warm… and they can grip a steering wheel.

my car hascs heated steering wheel, never use it as I don't like the feel.

I wouldn't have known, if the dealer hadn't shown me the location of the switch - which is hidden.

Or even just a car with a heater. I was literally today years-old when I realised anyone had ever been bothered by the temperature of the steering wheel. Maybe if you live at the North Pole?

I find heated seats and a heated steering wheel very useful, especially for longer journeys in colder weather. It enables you to keep the interior temperature of the car a little lower which helps stave off heat induced drowsiness.

anyone experienced the crack chilling of air conditioned and ventilated seats? quite useful in hot weather

I can’t help assuming that anyone who needs gloves while driving any car with a roof built in the last 40 years or so probably wears a coat while driving too, and that’s not good.

advertisement

Back