advertisement

Pink Triangle PT Too options

A new belt is always a good investment if you're not sure of the age of the old one. One other thing to check.. a belt falling off can also be due to the suspension being set slightly too high. in this situation the belt would be pointing slightly upwards towards the inner rim of the platter, when the motor is started the belt can sometimes pull off the inner platter. Set the suspension with a record of average weight on the platter.

A new belt is always a good investment if you're not sure of the age of the old one. One other thing to check.. a belt falling off can also be due to the suspension being set slightly too high. in this situation the belt would be pointing slightly upwards towards the inner rim of the platter, when the motor is started the belt can sometimes pull off the inner platter. Set the suspension with a record of average weight on the platter.

Yes that's an interesting one. I'll certainly order a new belt and see what happens with that. I'll have to source the correct shade of pink ribbon to thread it on, of course...

Thanks for the tips!

Yes that's an interesting one. I'll certainly order a new belt and see what happens with that. I'll have to source the correct shade of pink ribbon to thread it on, of course...

Thanks for the tips!
It used to be a strand of pink cotton thread, you get spoiled these days with ribbon. An indicator of level is a small spirit level on the arm board as well as mk1 eyeball.

Thanks for your message. Yes, the upgrade included replacement of the motor with a DC one. As I understand it, the PSU has some form of current feedback to stabilise the speed.

Regards,

Alex

advertisement

Back