advertisement

Pink Triangle Motor from PT Too

maccavelli

pfm Member
Hello, further to my question (answered - thank you all) about the PT bearing design and whether it was generic to the other models in the once PT range. I also have the motor unit here that I have dismantled from the deck.
Would this fit on another PT design? It has the power chord which obviously fits to an outboard power supply.
The only other deck I can think of with that arrangement would be the Anniversary.

Jon is correct , the motors are not generic or interchangeble and the primary difference is AC V DC . I agree with his classification of motors to turntables as well .The fitting are also different between turntables .

At the risk of pedantry , the GTI is an export . Better power supply designed by a J Westlake it says on the one I have doing nothing in a tool box .

At the risk of pedantry , the GTI is an export . Better power supply designed by a J Westlake it says on the one I have doing nothing in a tool box .

I designed the PSU. but it must have been back in 1993/4... thesedays I can hardly recall what happen last week!

I believe the AC Motors where Standard APEX or Airpax (or some such) - quite a few turntable manufacturers used them at the Time - no idea who manufactured the DC versions..

advertisement

Back