advertisement

Pink Floyd - Pulse (Anyone’s LED still flashing?)

You can apparently replace the battery. I’ve never had a copy pass through so it’s not something I’ve investigated, though if it is an alkaline battery you certainly should replace it as it may well leak and stain the cover (I’d replace it with lithium)!

I tried to get to the battery about 20 years ago and failed. Made a right mess. Hang on, are we talking about a newer release?

That looks a bit different to mine. I've changed the battery a few times over the years and I think initially I had to slide a kitchen knife down the inside to unstick the cardboard housing for the circuit board. Still flashing though!
Mike

After seeing the vid, I had to try.

Yes, UK box is more difficult to access (no internal card to pull). I used a thin screwdriver from the bulb end to push out the circuit board. It had a Duracell Pro AA battery. One replacement later, and voila, a flashing LED. Sad, I know...

I have the cd and the cassette version...the cassette has the extra track "Soundscape" Not flashing though.

I read the item on changing the battery years ago, so had a try on my original, but decided that I was in danger of irreparably damaging the box and left it.
Perhaps one day.......

Edit - success! I couldn't leave it alone. I think that there is a U - shaped piece of card which is (maybe) glued along one side, so a suitable length of wire bent at 90 degrees was inserted at several places along one side, then the other, to see which on moved most, then that side was slowly pulled up until the cardboard was straight/flat along it's length, revealing the circuit board. This was removed. Mine was still as new, no corrosion, so a new battery inserted and bingo! The board was carefully slid back into position, taking care to align the led, pushed fully home, and the cardboard case was manipulated back into place down the side of the circuit board.
Quick check, still going. Having suitable tools definitely helped.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Replaced the battery on mine several times, just can't be bothered any more!
It did look cool flashing away on the cd rack - but as they are all now in storage..
Edit - I better check and remove the dead battery at some stage - dont want it leaking in the box.

Talking about Floyd & Flashing Leds
blob

8890826655ea1d929bc10a9a7c9f1a284df71aa6ff7ce4e8fb6c65967a7ff1c4.jpg

advertisement

Back