Pink Floyd on BBC4 tonight (1/11/13)

Pinky

In suspense, not compressed
A heads up for those interested as I've just noticed it on the TV guide:

21:00 Wish you were here - making of

22:00 Concert from 1989 Momentary lapse of reason tour

23:35 Pink Floyd miscellany 1967 - 2005

The recorder is set and ready to go!

Got to the point where it showed Roy harper doing vocals and realised I've seen this before, still interesting though.

Thought it was quite funny Dave Gilmour pointedly highlighting how much expensive studio time Roy Harper wasted then later when discovering Roger waters hated the vocal he thought it was the definitive vocal! I think Dave Gilmour is a great guitarist but he does seem to come over very hard nosed even if Roger was a pretentious if talented prick that thought the whole band would do exactly what he wanted.

It depends what and when it counts most to you.
My era was Ummagumma to WYWH, but I love the 60s swinging London sound too, although Cymbeline epitomised that for me and that was a Waters song.

Was at the Brit Floyd Show last night they were excellent I doubt if the Floyd themselves could have put on a better show! If you get the chance to see them you will not be disappointed!

I have to get BBC4 sorted out on my sat receiver - for some reason BBC3 and BBC4 don't work, I only get BBC1 (in a lot of regional varieties), BBC2, and HD on my freeview...

I haven't heard much of their stuff to be honest, just the well known tracks, but I really enjoyed BBC4 last night.

advertisement

Back