advertisement

Pink Fish members to design speakers?

Adam N

pfm Member
For those of you unfamiliar with 8 ball audio, it's a "HiFi collective" several like minded individuals each with unique skills coming together to design and produce loudspeakers.

We've abandoned a distributor model and are now attempting something unique in our approach to design.

Over the coming weeks I will be posting various polls in the trade discussion section to identify what Pink Fish members are really after in terms of loudspeaker design. The culmination will be a design offered as a forum group buy to members here - but with our own design signature!

The idea is to drive costs down, while still designing, sourcing materials and manufacturing the loudspeakers here in the UK, something I feel passionate about.

Please take a minute to vote

Thank you for sparing your time to take part.

Adam

Thank you all for voting. I'll leave this poll up for the next week, then following the result [currently floor standers in the lead] I'll construct another poll to narrow down peoples particular requirements from a loudspeaker.

Hi Paul, i see your not getting that much feedback on what the average visitor to Pinkfish wants in a speaker.
The drawing may help you in your task, best, J

pinkspeaker.jpg

I've designed my own speakers (sort of) already so there! I use them everyday and they are marvellous. (god knows how)

Does anybody remember the "Convenient Loudspeaker" as I think it was called, a design in one of the main Hi Fi magazines in the 70's. It used KEF B139, B110 and T27 in a novel configuration?

castors...
Are you mad?

Actually no!

Mine are on castors and are super WAF. Placed against a wall when not in use then takes 3s to pull out for a listening session. My wife loves the fact that she can pull em out to dust behind. Works well over hard floors or carpet and can be repositioned in seconds if you need to find a sweet spot.

There is a shortage of floor standers on castors and what are out there aint cheap. Mine cost £6K.

Good deep base as well. Organ notes and bass drum causes the room to vibrate and we have a concrete floor.

Cheers,

DV

Actually no!

Mine are on castors and are super WAF. Placed against a wall when not in use then takes 3s to pull out for a listening session.

DV

Not normaly a poster in this room or any other room actualy but but do have a little fun reading the posts. However I could not resist putting forward the idea of a wife on casters, just wheel her out when needed, 3 seconds to pop her back out of the way again. :D

I will get my coat...

Tony

Not normaly a poster in this room or any other room actualy but but do have a little fun reading the posts. However I could not resist putting forward the idea of a wife on casters, just wheel her out when needed, 3 seconds to pop her back out of the way again. :D

I will get my coat...

Tony

:D:D:D

With so many good designs is this not reinventing the wheel.
High end proven design copies are well worth doing, a £10k pair diy at £1500 is well worth the bother.

advertisement

Back