advertisement

Pics of your pets (part III)

Tara has a very bad infection in her right paw which is very swollen and sore.
Vet sedated her so they could clean it up and try to find the cause but there were no foreign objects in it. 7 day course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and the cone of shame to stop her licking it - the inflatable version in the photo was useless.
Plus a gaping hole in my wallet.:(

Beautiful looking dog and if a shiny coat is an indication of well-being then he’s doing pretty well.

He's certainly full of life and energy, coming up to 4 yrs old on 1st March. He's been raw-fed since he was 6 months old, having found he has an intolerance to wheat/grain (food was going straight through him and he wasn't putting on enough weight). His previous vet was happy with this, but his current one is very 'anti raw'. At Harley's annual check-up last year, she mentioned how Harley is (her words) 'in perfect condition, his weight spot-on and is one of the healthiest dogs she's had the pleasure of meeting'. She then asked us what we fed him which totally stumped her.

Beach trip with Ludo today, to one of our favourite places - Mellon Udrigle:

172312475.MEqpLESH.mu106.jpg

Last week this little one started throwing up and couldn't keep food down. She spent a night in the vets with a very inflamed bowel and failing kidneys but responded well to steroids and fluids having lost 10% of her very low body weight. It's touch and go whether she stays healthy but she ain't dead yet! She's back to her normal self - wanting attention without actually being picked up or touched.

I hate this bit.
There's a cat shaped divot in the beanbag now. She went downhill at the weekend and we were kind of hoping we could medicate her way out of it again, but alas not. Little miss meep has gone to sleep for the last time. That was one of her many nicknames. Wherever she is I wonder if she's dragging rabbits twice her size through the cat flap. Such were the joys of living on a farm back then. RIP Dash.

I hate this bit.
There's a cat shaped divot in the beanbag now. She went downhill at the weekend and we were kind of hoping we could medicate her way out of it again, but alas not. Little miss meep has gone to sleep for the last time. That was one of her many nicknames. Wherever she is I wonder if she's dragging rabbits twice her size through the cat flap. Such were the joys of living on a farm back then. RIP Dash.

Oh I'm so sorry - many of us have 'been there' and appreciate, and understand the sadness. Run free little friend. :)

l think he may want to go for a walk Richard.....:)

We'd actually just got in from his daily run around the local fields - he tends to grab any particular piece of footwear off the shoe rack when we come through the front door. Every single thing is a game in a Flatcoat's world. :D

advertisement

Back