advertisement

Pics of your pets (part III)

cats, who knows what goes on in their heads. We went out today to buy Marley a new bigger basket (on the right), because he had pretty much outgrown his.

So Marley on the left, sticks with Ziggy's little basket on the left (Ziggy never used it), and Ziggy on the right decides he should have the brand new bigger basket on the right....

20220116_185449 by uh_simon, on Flickr

Well that's one outcome, the one I was expecting was for them both to totally ignore the new bed and never ever use it.

Well that's one outcome, the one I was expecting was for them both to totally ignore the new bed and never ever use it.

indeed we did discuss that possibility on the drive home - there was a lot of suspicion and sniffing......they hate their world being disrupted

51831441140_d7371dd3e1_z.jpg

The loaves / boys, Neville (l) and Ozzie (r) relaxing today. I'm surprised how well they get on given they aren't litter mates.

When Neville was a kitten, they used to get as close as this but now he's 18 months old, it doesn't happen, unless they're attacking each other in play.

siblings now 6 years old - they rarely fight, frequently play though - a regularly get up to mischieve together - but sleep snuggled up all the time. Our previous sibling cats (two girls) hated each other.

siblings now 6 years old - they rarely fight, frequently play though - a regularly get up to mischieve together - but sleep snuggled up all the time. Our previous sibling cats (two girls) hated each other.

Yes. Being siblings doesn't always guarantee closeness, but it's nice if your house isn't a cat warzone (*). I think we're lucky they get on, because Oz is 15 but still thinks he's a kitten and has new, slightly annoying, friend and Neville knows no better...

(*) Yes, there's a lot of fur around the house but it's because they're forever play-fighting and play-chasing.

My two cats don't snuggle or sleep together, but seem to like each other. They frequently compete for my attention without coming to blows. They play rough but never go too far. The younger one is the older one's "stepson" - I tried to mate my Siamese with a friend's female Siamese, but she would have nothing to do with him and instead escaped and got knocked up by the first alley cat she met. I took one of the kittens anyway.

the saga of Marley and the new basket - yesterday he decided to shred the fabric side of the cushion, for some reason he hates patterned fabric......

this morning we put one of our old pillowcases on the cushion, and now he has been spied in the basket......

20220123_125525 by uh_simon, on Flickr

advertisement

Back