advertisement

Pics of your pets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An absolutely amazingly fantastic time with Betsy today. Let her off her lead for the first very time and she was brilliant. She ran around, sniffed things, approached other dogs nice and calm, came when called and stayed close by.

She’s a rescue dog, and mad as a box of frogs when we got her as a young pup 12 months ago, and despite all the training I was as nervous as hell letting her go for the first time. It was such a joy to watch her bounding free.

48315395951_f17986996f_b.jpg

Excellent!

Our rescue dog was a bit iffy around other dogs when we first got him, so it was a few weeks before we had the confidence to let him off the lead. He spends most of his time off the lead these days though, and is now pretty good around other dogs. We've had him going out with a dog-walker at least one day a week and that's got him much more used to being with other dogs, which has helped enormously. They like having him as he's well behaved and comes back when called - they even sometimes clip other dogs to him that aren't as well behaved, as he'll bring them back with him as he's a very strong dog.

Excellent!

Our rescue dog was a bit iffy around other dogs when we first got him, so it was a few weeks before we had the confidence to let him off the lead. He spends most of his time off the lead these days though, and is now pretty good around other dogs. We've had him going out with a dog-walker at least one day a week and that's got him much more used to being with other dogs, which has helped enormously. They like having him as he's well behaved and comes back when called - they even sometimes clip other dogs to him that aren't as well behaved, as he'll bring them back with him as he's a very strong dog.
Betsy was great today, but if she sees a deer, she’ll be off at high speed! So we’re not there yet!

This is Ludo out with his dog-walking buddies today - being used to control the huskies, which are gorgeous but don't have great recall:

169517987.46wQwP50.ludo_group_web.jpg

Have you ever seen a happier dog than the Husky on the right of the picture? They don't get to run off the lead much because of their poor recall, so I think like they having Ludo there as a control as he seems to be the only dog they have on their books that's strong enough to handle them.

This is Ludo out with his dog-walking buddies today - being used to control the huskies, which are gorgeous but don't have great recall:

169517987.46wQwP50.ludo_group_web.jpg

Have you ever seen a happier dog than the Husky on the right of the picture? They don't get to run off the lead much because of their poor recall, so I think like they having Ludo there as a control as he seems to be the only dog they have on their books that's strong enough to handle them.
Can I borrow Ludo please?

A bit damp this morning but Ludo doesn't mind that, and neither do we if we dress appropriately - so was a very nice walk in the treelines near the house, at the foot of the Pentland hills:

169524054.3SCyGeZ8.20072019_02.jpg

I've got my dog-walking tweed bunnet on -bought on Harris a few months back!

48348076256_772a687668_h.jpg

This little chap is my new pet. He came to say hello yesterday at the same table and again today. Today he and just got closer and closer. We got so close I’ve sent Betsy back to Greece. ‘Go back to your own country and sort the problems you’ve got back there’, I said. The satire was lost on her. She’s only a dog though.

48348216587_b5b56b13ee_h.jpg

Last edited:
48348076256_772a687668_h.jpg

This little chap is my new pet. He came to say hello yesterday at the same table and again today. Today he and just got closer and closer. We got so close I’ve sent Betsy back to Greece. ‘Go back to your own country and sort the problems you’ve got back there’, I said. The satire was lost on her though. She’s only a dog y’know.

48348216587_b5b56b13ee_h.jpg

Amazing. Years ago we had a House Martin here that had no fear of people, I took it to be a defective gene. Needless to say, she didn't last long, I suspect the lack of fear might have extended to cats.

Amazing. Years ago we had a House Martin here that had no fear of people, I took it to be a defective gene. Needless to say, she didn't last long, I suspect the lack of fear might have extended to cats.
Looked very young, fledgling I’d say. Hope he survives

You spotted them! Well done. A lot of people miss them y’know.

If you were here you'd have heard them talking about how stupid humans are for ignoring all the robust science for a flat earth. Not daft those pixies

Ludo's reaction yesterday evening when I wanted to extend our walk and he wanted to go home for his dinner:
169533204.kivfxLUH.220719_03.jpg
I have to take Betsy out first thing in the morning on days like today with a quickie under the trees in the afternoon. She really doesn’t like the heat.

I have to take Betsy out first thing in the morning on days like today with a quickie under the trees in the afternoon. She really doesn’t like the heat.

Ludo's also not a fan of the heat so he's just had 3 shortish walks today. We'd got him a paddling pool as well and I set that up for him earlier. He seemed pretty keen on it, going by this shot:
169540657.uomVPuOy.23072019_02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back