advertisement

Pics of your pets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely walk up in the Pentlands with Ludo earlier. Was only supposed to be an hour or so but ended up as 2 and a half hours as we were enjoying ourselves:

169396011.HGCC9OcS.jpg

169396012.S2c4l2sy.jpg

169396015.KRYRMxPu.jpg

The weather wasn't quite as nice to day (not if you're a human anyway!) but we were out in the Pentlands again with Ludo today, climbing the 567m East Cairn hill (it's the hill in the background in the first picture of my post from yesterday). Only 9 miles plus just under 400m of ascent but Ludo loved it (he probably did double the distance we did) so there are plans to get him up a few Munro's this year:

169424543.QPxwnzFJ.jpg

169424544.91iMY83M.jpg

Mrs cj and I are missing having a pooch, we hadn't thus far ( 3 years) because of time-for-pet constraints. This has now changed sufficiently so we have agreed to go rescue centre trawling, no urgency, just casual and will wait for the magic, mutual connection moment. A medium size would be nice but you never know until it happens....some great looking pets on here.

Mrs cj and I are missing having a pooch, we hadn't thus far ( 3 years) because of time-for-pet constraints. This has now changed sufficiently so we have agreed to go rescue centre trawling, no urgency, just casual and will wait for the magic, mutual connection moment. A medium size would be nice but you never know until it happens....some great looking pets on here.

We didn't have any experience with owning a dog before and a lot of the dogs in the rescue centres really do need someone that knows what they are doing. The dogs without serious issues get placed very easily, while the ones with problems can be placed then returned several times. We saw some lovely dogs that I'd have loved to take home with us but the rescue places were right in recommending against it. If you've got experience then there should be plenty of dogs to consider.

We ended up getting very lucky with the dog we did get as he doesn't have any significant issues (other than reacting noisily to other dogs sometimes when we're out on walks - although he does like playing with other dogs). I did have to do a proper sales pitch to the rescue co-ordinator on why they should give the dog to us instead of the zillion other folks that wanted him though! When we met Ludo it was love at first sight (from our side anyway!) and he's settled in well (and got a lot more cuddly) over the few months we've had him.

169263399.xPNKHKMH.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back