advertisement

[WTD] Photoshop cs6

Gingerbeard

Ayup Me Duck
I don't suppose anyone has a copy for MAC that they no longer require?

I am not interested in learning Gimp as I'm used to working with this version of Photoshop, so am comfortable with it. Unfortunately, due to redunancy I'm not in a position to sign up to Adobe's streaming service and like an idiot I disposed of my own copy of this software sometime ago

Thanks in advance

GB

Be aware that cs6 is unlikely to even install under a modern OS. You’ll need to be running a legacy operating system to use it.

CS6 doesn’t work on Mojave and the following systems. El Capitan is the last one that works reliably.

Be aware that cs6 is unlikely to even install under a modern OS. You’ll need to be running a legacy operating system to use it.

That is a very good point and not something I had considered! Doh! :D

I might be okay as I have an old iMac which may still have this installed on, I just need to dig it out to double check

CS6 doesn’t work on Mojave and the following systems. El Capitan is the last one that works reliably.

Have run CS 5.5 on Mojave with no problems ... only used Photoshop but as that is what the OP is after looks like a goer.
Only ditched it because I prefer the simplicity of PS Elements 10 (which also runs fine on Mojave once you ignore the initial OS compatibility warnings)

Catalina killed 'em both but Mojave is still doable for most 32 bit apps I have.

I know it stick in the craw somewhat but adobe do have a photography plan at 10 quid a month for photoshop and lightroom.

I have to say the neural filters in the latest release are alarmingly good.

I know it stick in the craw somewhat but adobe do have a photography plan at 10 quid a month for photoshop and lightroom.

Trouble is you are tied in with them and can’t cancel at any time, which is very annoying. I used to sign up to it but found I wasn’t using it enough at the time, things have changed a bit now.

I have fired up my old iMac from 2008, it still has CS4 on which is enough for my needs! So luckily I have found a work around without incurring any costs

Hi ginger bread, not sure about that on the photorgophy plan it seems to be a monthly plan, rather than a year up front, I could be wrong.

I’m sure I’m not alone in the feeling that I object to perpetually paying £120 a year when originally I bought Lightroom 5 for £90 and it lasted me four years.

the new method feels like Adobe taking the piss a little. I understand the model for commercial enterprise and business, but home users don’t need subscription based software packages. They ultimately cost a lot more than the outright purchases of days gone by.

even on the commercial side it costs far more these days on Microsoft’s new platforms than it ever did to just buy volume copies of products. The consumer does not win in this new model.

Hi listen, to a certain extent I agree. My company pays my subscription (obviously) so I don't have to feel the pain. The Adobe apps in 2020 are just amazing though, I cannot deny that. Dimension is amazing, as is after effects. I know there are open source alternatives, but, they dont even come close, particularly for my main stay, indesign.

Now if the company was not paying my subby, well then I would no doubt be edging along with the god awful GIMP or what ever.

Some subscriptions though I just think are amazing value. Microsoft 365 at 8 quid a month, with 1tb storage and five other users is great, for instance.

Some subscriptions though I just think are amazing value. Microsoft 365 at 8 quid a month, with 1tb storage and five other users is great, for instance.

Plus 60 minutes of Skype calls each month - world and mobile.

advertisement

Back