advertisement

Photos from Kruger National Park, wildlife photos etc....

@canonman love the photo, I really enjoy photographing kingfishers when I can. Top one was in Sri Lanka, lower one in Botswana.

11C0AD851BD84E55B04AD8242AEE90AD.jpg

1762587.jpg

Thanks BTC3, another pic of a Woodlands Kingfisher in POTW thread.

That Sri Lankan bird is a new one for me, beautiful.

@canonman love the photo, I really enjoy photographing kingfishers when I can. Top one was in Sri Lanka, lower one in Botswana.

11C0AD851BD84E55B04AD8242AEE90AD.jpg

1762587.jpg
I've never seen a Kingfisher, despite living near to where they apparently reside, which is literally a two minute walk away from our house. They seem to be quite an elusive bird by all accounts, and you need to be lucky to see one.

I've never seen a Kingfisher, despite living near to where they apparently reside, which is literally a two minute walk away from our house. They seem to be quite an elusive bird by all accounts, and you need to be lucky to see one.
I think it depends on the time and place... in Sri Lanka, when I’ve been, these brown/blue ones seem to reside on most phone/power cables outside towns. Last time I was in Chobe I must have seen a dozen of them in the half day I was there (the pied ones). The malachite one from the photo is the only one of its kind I’ve seen, and that was in the Southern part of the Okavango delta. We were in a small boat on a lake and spent 20mins watching it go about it’s business.

We get them regularly in the summer, at the bottom of the garden, but try getting a photo! Think I have managed one or two captures in the last 5 years.

In Africa, we see many. Malachite, Woodland, Pied and Giant.

Here are a few pics from a recent trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos. We visited Napo Wildlife Centre in the Amazon, the western islands of the Galapagos and Mashpi Lodge in the Andean cloud forest.

Kit was Canon 6D Mk II with EF 500mm f/4 L IS II USM and EF 85mm f/1.2 L II USM. I'm only just learning how to handle the 500mm lens, and I definitely need a faster body!

advertisement

Back