advertisement

Photos from Kruger National Park, wildlife photos etc....

Any pics to post?

This was the watering hole from the hide at the lodge we stayed at.
43091177904_6546950ab8_h.jpg

The coast is stunning, there is one concession which was a 500km drive to get to, they then meet at the end of this road (about 100km to go) and take you another 50km over the dunes to the lodge. The sand is full of black as it contains iron.
http://shipwrecklodge.com.na

42754263675_2e90ae707d_h.jpg

You get one of these:
41849376330_30fa61a7a8.jpg

On this river:
43725894632_8dd10ff91e.jpg
[/url]

which is full of wild animals and it's hundreds of miles from anywhere in a restricted area.

Flights bring booked Sun.

Watching Dunhill golf from the stunning Leopard Creek golf course, adjacent to Crocodile River this week (on Sky Sports). Played the course a few times. Amazing wildlife on and around the course.

Can't wait to be back.

Finally got reasonable wifi connection. Plenty of good sightings in Kruger earlier. Spent 45mins watching a leopard from about 10 feet. We were about 5k north of Letaba and it was late afternoon so we only got to the rest camp with a few minutes to spare.

_DSC0345 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0372 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0421 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0431 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0446 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0471 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

_DSC0478 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr

Lovely photos Colin.

Back there in a few weeks. Genet one is excellent. I have seen a few in the Kruger but no decent phots yet.

I love Leopards too! A few years ago we were at Ngala and the guide asked what we wanted to see. "Leopard in a tree".... 30 mins later.....

Thanks, the Genet was there for a couple of minutes after running across the road in front of the vehicle. Fortunately we had a spotlight available. There was a pack of 9 wild dogs on the road about half an hour earlier but by the time we got close enough for pictures they had headed off into the bush so I only got a very long distance shot from behind of the last one disappearing but at least you can tell it's a wild dog. I have about 3000 pictures to sort through and edit when I get back.

Small Spotted Genet

_DSC0959 by Colin Bailey, on Flickr
Beautiful, beautiful animals. Many people think they're cats, but while they're in the same ballpark (Feliformia) and share some behaviours, they're in the same family as civets. They were introduced to Spain from Africa by the Moors, who used them for shipboard rat control.

Genets can be kept as carefully contained exotic pets in a few places they aren't native to. They're somewhat smaller than a domestic cat. There's a hilarious video on YT of a cat, two young pet genets, and a scratching post with catnip rubbed into it; also one of a genet riding a rhinoceros.

Great picture!

Thanks, the Genet was there for a couple of minutes after running across the road in front of the vehicle. Fortunately we had a spotlight available. There was a pack of 9 wild dogs on the road about half an hour earlier but by the time we got close enough for pictures they had headed off into the bush so I only got a very long distance shot from behind of the last one disappearing but at least you can tell it's a wild dog. I have about 3000 pictures to sort through and edit when I get back.

Genets are lovely. We have been very lucky with wild dogs on our last couple of visits. There's a large pack just North of Phalaborwa that we have seen a few times.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back