advertisement

Photos from Kruger National Park, wildlife photos etc....

Very nice canon man - enjoy your next trip. It's pretty addictive and I'm sure we'll make it for a third time, soon.

A couple we met in the Wilderness Walk were on their honeymoon. We had a pretty unique experience, face to face with a lion in the wild, in foot. They were pleased with this memento.

Lion by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Thanks Ian and TimF, looking forward to the trip.

That was an amazing experience on foot! We are scheduled for a couple of walks in Sabi Sands so you never know, it's a prime Leopard sighting area.

That sounds great. We had a similar experience being surrounded by a group of three females and their five cubs at the end of one day. They stayed around us for about half an hour and were literally within touching distance of our seats in the vehicle.

Amazing experience today. Crested Eagle on a kill, right next to vehicle on the ground. It wasn’t moving for us so we just sat there
Shortly after that....road block.
6 Tons of Tusker on musthe and blocking us. Waited 5 mins, he wasn’t moving. Attempted to get by and he turned on us.just got past and he charged.
Lived to tell the tale though.
Finished the day with Leopard in a tree.

It could have been the last trip.....l

Visited a viewpoint near Mopani. Loose surface collapsed under front nearside wheel which was then suspended in mid air, 50 metres above a dry river bed. Offside wheel 6 inches off ground too. Mrs C in passenger seat and was about to open the door ... onto fresh air and a big drop. Managed to slowly get her out through drivers door whilst car precariously balanced.

No mobile coverage, no other cars in site, 2 km from nearest road. No alternative but to walk through the bush, on my own, in near 40 deg C heat. Mrs C left there as she can't walk much at the moment. Luckily for me, only Impalas seen on the walk. Mind you, I had a feeling that I was being watched from the bush...

Incredibly quiet in Kruger at the moment so I was extremely lucky to be able to flag down a car after 10 mins. Returned to rescue Mrs C and set off to nearby Mopani. Sanparks staff took me back in a safari vehicle and 3 of us managed to drag the car clear. Just got back to exit gate with a minute to spare. BIG fines for missing the gate closure. Can be thousands of Rand these days.

Then off to private reserve in Sabi Sand in Greater Kruger for the last few days. Puff Adder outside our room when returning from dinner at the boma. Guide caught it and intended to release it into the bush until she saw Leopard's eyes in the dark, just over the electric fence 10 metres away! Dropped snake into nearest bush and carefully retreated. Visibly shaken.

It can be a dangerous place.

advertisement

Back