advertisement

Photo Theme #8: INSIDE Feb 5-11

nic,

Don't take this all too seriously, we've been following the Photo Theme thread rules for already 8 threads now...

Yes the picture which will always get the most reaction is of the girl with the biggest chest and smallest bra. Not that I am against this, but there are other parameters other than provocativeness.

Good art often appears dull and pretentious.

Omer.

Matthew please send me your address my workplace wants to charge you for the 10 minutes I was trying to figure what's going on. A reflection, ok, but it still doesn't solve the centeral part ?
Liked it a lot though.

Omer -- It's a mannequin hanging in the window of an empty office building. No idea what it was doing there.

I have quite a few inside/outside reflected pictures taken windows and kind of like exactlt the confusing effect you mention where you are not quite sure what it is and what is reflected and what is inside the building. These pictures are about the modern zietgeist and ask seraching questions like "What is real and what is illusory?", "How much does the (post) modern world reflect the inner struggle of city dwellers besieged by 21st Century ennui?" and so on. Also if you get the angle just right you can see down girls' tops.

Omer -- It's a mannequin hanging in the window of an empty office building. No idea what it was doing there.

Thanks M., confusion very much appreciated and desired, but do understand the more compulsive among us who at the end still wish to put order in things and thanks god this wasn't some photoshop game.

Still not totally solved but maybe I'm getting there. Was there a tilted mirror behind the mannequin inside the shop, to explain the center part, with the clear reflection of another road section with yellow line opaquely obscured by the right shoe ?

Zeitgeist of 21st century city dwellers' ennui ? most certainly. Bored kids locked up in downtown appartments, to be exact in my case.

Regards,
Omer.

i was hoping other members would have the courage to expose themselves in the spirit of omer's radical theme. there's still a day left!

vuk.

I have quite a few inside/outside reflected pictures taken windows and kind of like exactlt the confusing effect you mention where you are not quite sure what it is and what is reflected and what is inside the building. These pictures are about the modern zietgeist and ask seraching questions like "What is real and what is illusory?", "How much does the (post) modern world reflect the inner struggle of city dwellers besieged by 21st Century ennui?" and so on. Also if you get the angle just right you can see down girls' tops.

Very good, tickled me.

i was hoping other members would have the courage to expose themselves...

Very true, if I may add, this is partly what was moving in your set of pictures, another puzzle, only I guess about the artist's life :)

Regards.

Still not totally solved but maybe I'm getting there. Was there a tilted mirror behind the mannequin inside the shop, to explain the center part, with the clear reflection of another road section with yellow line opaquely obscured by the right shoe ?

Inside the empty office is an open dooway that leads to a corridor -- the is the bit you can see running at right angles to the road.

It's a crap shot, but I've been trying to get a good one for a few days now so wanted to show something for my efforts. :) I don't think my kaleidoscope was designed for having pictures taken through the little viewing hole, and I don't think my lens was designed for it either.
It does have little red hearts in it though, so it's quite topical.
scope.jpg

advertisement

Back