advertisement

Photo Theme #36 'BLEAK' 7th April - 21st April '09

3456331558_a6c421e710.jpg

Patrick,

Thanks. I was also unsure. I have a couple of them with varying amounts of foreground. The benefits of being an early riser, daybreak and views like that.

This is OT I know... but maybe someone can tell me!! If I don't log into the forum I can see pics that people post between tags ie the pics display. If I log in, all I see are the links. What am I doing wrong?

Fran

(sorry cliffpatte for the OT moment)

Good Morning All,

thanks for the 16 entries (including Fran's link which I did locate eventually).

As per my original post, I was looking for something which made me react on an emotional level above technical excellence, so I am going to nominate Haddock to do the next theme based on this pic, which made me laugh out loud:

Honourable mentions should go to Cesare for the defunct bank in the City of London (shame it wasn't an RBS branch); to Pete for the Dead Bird/Birth of the Cat God shot; Anex for a gorgeous shot of some ghost image in some bleak bathroom; Johnfromnorwich for some exquisite chemistry; and beeroclock who reminded me of the gang I was in as an 8 year old "The Deeed Rats".

To be honest, there wasn't a bad photo in the set, but someone has to do the next theme so over to Haddock

cheers
Cliff

Nice, that's what I'd have gone with too. I realised this morning that I have, in fact, cheated. Although I scanned the neg and uploaded to flickr this week, I took the picture at the end of last year in Norway so must disqualify myself. Dang.

What an honour!

Thanks Cliff and everyone else for your kind words. For your interest it is a picture from downtown Saigon taken with a Contax G1 with 28/2.8mm lens (bought from a fellow PFMer some time back).

Now, if I can have a short while to come up with the next topic.........I'll post something tonight.

cheers,

Haddock

advertisement

Back