advertisement

Photo Theme 309: Urban Decay - closes midnight UTC Sun 28 January

martin clark

pinko bodger
Theme - Urban Decay

A theme suggested by my daughter.

Please submit one photo to be taken between now, 11th January and midnight Sunday 28th January 2023. Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Voting: I am going to revert to the original feudal model: it's your Count that votes, therefore, for this round I shall pick the winner. Or maybe, Jess will.

Themes so far have been:

4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; All My Own Work; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arboreal; Arches; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumn; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Behind the door; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Bricks & Stone; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Christmas is Coming; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Cold February; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Cycle; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Disproportionate; Doors; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive spirit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Goodness Gracious Me!; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Heritage; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Hospitality; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Lots of Colour; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Marching into Spring (or Springing into March); Massive; Mechanical; Minimal; Missing; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Movement 2; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Open - any subject or style; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Reasons To Be Cheerful; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shadows/ the spaces in between; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Talking Heads; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; The Road and the Sky; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Tools; Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wildlife; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wish You Were Here; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood.

Have never taken part in this before. Figured, why not?

L1010774.jpg

@vince rocker - nice ;) - I take it the previous post ('the regal') is your entry?

Great to see the range & number of entries so far; there's a bit over a day to go, for everyone else to have a go.

Right then - our Guest judge has ruled:

'This is really hard ... first I managed to shortlist it to five; but I have now chosen.
I really like the composition in Tim's 'The Regal' and he's captured it at just the right moment - the passerby almost blends into the background with the foggy weather - as if to decay with the urban landscape ( poor guy, just going for a stroll ;) )

I love the textures captured in some of the others though, and special shout-out to the cool post box on Woodthorpe Road!'

So - thanks to you all - and OM-2-girl* : and over to you @vince rocker, please, to set the next theme.

*ps: relevance: decade-old pic of Theme judge, with an OM-2, shooting to an A-level brief:
jess-bw_150px.jpg

Right then - our Guest judge has ruled:

'This is really hard ... first I managed to shortlist it to five; but I have now chosen.
I really like the composition in Tim's 'The Regal' and he's captured it at just the right moment - the passerby almost blends into the background with the foggy weather - as if to decay with the urban landscape ( poor guy, just going for a stroll ;) )

I love the textures captured in some of the others though, and special shout-out to the cool post box on Woodthorpe Road!'

So - thanks to you all - and OM-2-girl* : and over to you @vince rocker, please, to set the next theme.

*ps: relevance: decade-old pic of Theme judge, with an OM-2, shooting to an A-level brief:
jess-bw_150px.jpg

Thank you Martin and OM-2 Girl (that makes OM-2 a superpower? :)).
It wasn't really a foggy day, the small cloud is the exhaust of a car parked just out of the frame! It was however blooming freezing and the main challenge of the day was staying upright on the very icy pavements. I liked the shapes and lines in the picture, maybe a bit Wes Anderson.
OK I'll think of a theme and start a new round shortly.

advertisement

Back