advertisement

Photo Theme 306 - Talking Heads - closes midnight Sunday 13 November

Marchbanks

Hat and Beard member
Theme - Talking Heads - submit one photo to be taken between October 17 and midnight Sunday 13 November 2022. Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Please note auxiliary info in the next post.

Themes so far have been:
4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; All My Own Work; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arboreal; Arches; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumn; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Behind the door; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Bricks & Stone; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Christmas is Coming; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Cold February; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Cycle; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Disproportionate; Doors; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive sprit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Goodness Gracious Me!; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Heritage; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Lots of Colour; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Marching into Spring (or Springing into March); Massive; Mechanical; Missing; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Movement 2; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Open - any subject or style; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Reasons To Be Cheerful; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shadows/ the spaces in between; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; The Road and the Sky; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Tools; Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wildlife; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wish You Were Here; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood.

The name of this comp is Talking Heads. Interpret how you wish - a reference to material by the band is entirely acceptable (although I respectfully suggest thinking carefully before posting an entry influenced by Psycho Killer.)

As there has been a little controversy and grumpiness regarding the judging method used of late, this time I’ll let entrants decide. If you would rather have your picture be judged by a jury of your peers (ie number of likes) or a single confused, dissolute, but easily bribed individual (ie my choice) please state with your entry. The majority view will determine the method used. If there isn’t one, or if no-one cares, we’ll stick with the ‘likes’ method. But only the views of competition entrants will be taken into consideration.

It was my idea to judge by number of likes, it was to try and get more people over to the photo room and hopely more photos.

Feel free to go back to the laet winners choice.

Pete

The initial flurry of interest seems to have petered out, so by way of a bump here is my effort, taken on this evening’s stroll. No prizes for guessing the reference.

52475298945_c0637c1415_c.jpg

I'll take that ride:
IMG_1374_600px.jpg

Letting the theme go by ... NB - this pic utterly-recuses me from the competition - having been both (i) taken in Marchie's company & )ii) c. 2months ago.

Get to it, the rest of you, please. Go visiting, and talk loud.

As both legitimate entries received the same number of ‘likes’ it falls to me to make the decision myself, thus using both voting systems and keeping everyone happy. Everyone except Lordhenley (sorry about that, old chap) as I’ve decided to pass the trophy on to @dan m, whose picture made me feel guilty that I can’t bring myself to jump out of bed at this time of year to take pictures in the early morning mist.

Go for it dan m!

(Oh, and I’m not happy either as @Rico’s documentary failed to materialise. If you want to give a private viewing when it is completed, you know where to find me.)

Thanks, MB! And tbh if it wasn't for the challenge I would have stayed in bed, so the thread served its purpose.

Thinking cap on. Will set something soon.

IMG-2030.jpg

Missed the deadline, I know, but here's two curious horses, looking over a hedge at Guy Richie's mobile home, which had just broken down en route to London.

too late for entry, here's a loosely-related afterthought for The Talking Head

52509072161_6d589a8976_b.jpg

Nikon D810+AF Nikkor 16-35 f4 VR 1/30 @ f11, ISO200 hosted on Flickr

advertisement

Back