advertisement

Photo Theme 302 - Lots of colour. Closes midnight 23 July

Pete MB&D

Pete Maddex, the one and only!
Theme: Lots of colour Something colourfull any thing that takes your fancy, peeling paint, flowers, posters, neon etc
Can we judge this one by the number of likes, that will open it up to every one to choose the winner.

Submit one photo to be taken between June 27th 2022, and midnight Saturday July 23rd 2022.
2) Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:
4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arches; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumn; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Bricks & Stone; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Christmas is Coming; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Cold February; Comfort; Commerce; Communication; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Cycle; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive sprit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Goodness Gracious Me!; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Here comes the sun; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Marching into Spring (or Springing into March); Massive; Mechanical; Missing; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Movement 2; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Open - any subject or style; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Reasons To Be Cheerful; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shadows/ the spaces in between; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Disproportionate; Doors; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; The Road and the Sky; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Tools; Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wildlife; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wish You Were Here; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood;Theme;All my own work

52199322787_78b56eb90b_b.jpg

Poster and lamp from French car boot sales last weekend, shirts in hypermarket sale today, possibilities for matching bow ties from collection.

I have to say i don't like the idea. 'Good' art is rarely popular art, and the previous winner always took on the job of judging sine it was one man's opinion, and, like me last month, sometimes you just can't get a pic in until later and etc etc .
Still if everyone want's it? W hat about, if it's a populist thing, putting a note into off topic a day or two before closing day encouraging ALL wammers to come and like as many as they like?
At least then it will be genuinely unbiased and might encourage a few more snappers to post?

Just a standard line inserted as a topic in off topic viz:

'Latest photo comp closing. Come and vote please'?

I have to say i don't like the idea. 'Good' art is rarely popular art, and the previous winner always took on the job of judging sine it was one man's opinion, and, like me last month, sometimes you just can't get a pic in until later and etc etc .
It does have advantages though. I realised towards the end of this comp that the last thing I needed was to have to dream up another, take flak for the subject I had chosen, wait three weeks for the first entrant then cajole everyone else into submitting their photo (several times)... so I reduced my chances by voting against myself. My first ever ‘like’! Wear it proudly, Paulski!

advertisement

Back