advertisement

Photo theme 286: “Here Comes the Sun” - closes 6 June 2021

Marchbanks

Hat and Beard member
Photo Theme 286: "Here Comes the Sun" (yes, another song title).
Closes midnight Sunday 6 June.

I’m fed up with the unseasonably cold British weather and thought we might celebrate this week’s improving forecast. Any interpretation welcome including ironic/sarcastic, despite what I have just written. Let’s have some corkers - persuade me that I’m a wimp to use only my phone for photography and ought to try to emulate you lot by getting stuck into my X100S rather than be intimidated by it.

1) Submit one photo to be taken between now and the end date.

2) Max dimensions 1000px (W) x 800px (H) per photo, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

4 Legged; A Sense of Scale; Abandoned. A Small Joy; Abstract; After Dark; Age; Album cover; Angles; Animals; Another Fine Mess; Anticipation; Anything Goes; Arches; At the Market; At the water's edge; Athletic; Atmosphere; Autumnal; Back to Basics; Bath; Beautiful Evidence; Beer; Before & After; Below; Black & White; Bleak; Bliss; Bloom; Bokeh; Building; Candid; Car(s); Changing Seasons; Character; Charm; Chill; Close to home; Close up; Coast; Cold; Comfort; Commerce; Complex; Constant Variable; Construction; Contrast; Corner - or around it; Crowded; Curves; Darlin' Companion; Decay; Deep; Desolate; Discontinuous; Distant; Distorted; Dominant Colour; Dream; Emergency Services; Empty; Enterprise; Escapism; Evening; Eye; Faces Everywhere; Family; Favourite thing; Feet; Feet in the Picture; Feminine; Festive sprit; Fill the frame; Fish out of Water; Flow; Folded; Food; Food of Love; For the Record; Frame It; Freedom; From Above; Fruit; Gesture; Glass; Go; Grain; Grand Day Out; Great Balls of Fire; Green; Grey; Hands; Hardware; Hidden; High or Low; Highlight; Highly Strung; Holidays; Hope; Horsepower; Humour; Implementation; Impression(ist); Incongruous; Independence; Indulgence; Industrial; Infrastructure; Inside; Interaction; Interstitial; Intertwine; Isolation; Junk; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Labour; Large!; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Leisure; Less Is More; Light; Light Relief, Indoors; Line; Lines; Links; Long Exposure; Look Up or Look Down; Looking Out; Low light; Lunch; Lush; Massive; Mechanical; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Modern World; Morning; Mother nature; Motion; Movement; Moving Still; My favourite Beauty Spot; Naked; Natural World; Neon; New beginning; Night; Noise; Non-linear; Numbers; Numerous; Objets Trouvés; Old & New; On forever's very now we stand; On Two Wheels; On your doorstep; Oops; Open; Open - Anything Goes; Orange; Out & About; Out with the old, in with the new; Outside; Park life; Parking; Paths; Patience; Pause; Polly Wants A Cracker; Portal; Portrait; Portrait: Green in black and white; Power; Recreation; Red; Reflect; Reflection; Relaxing; Remote; Retail; Rhythm; Rock; Rubbish; Rust; Rustic; Sand, Sea or Sky; Scorch; Set; Shadows; Shapes Everywhere; Sharp; Shopping Madness; Signs; Silhouettes; Simple; Simplicity; Single Colour; Sliding; Small; Smooth; Song Titles; Space; Sparkling; Speed; Sphere of Influence; Sporting Action; Spring; Spring Has Sprung; Square; Static; Steel; Still Life; Straight out of camera! Round; Stranger; Street; Sunlight; Symmetry; Technology; Tension; Texture; Texture / Dominant Colour; The eyes have it; Disproportionate; Doors; Revolution; The Facility; The Golden Hour; The Great Outdoors; The last days of Summer; The Look of Love; Thirds; Three; Time; Tiny; Tomorrow (diptych - abandoned); Top to Bottom; Tranquillity; Translucent; Transport; Triangle; Two of; Uncovered; Unruly/disobedient; Up; Up Close; Up My Street; Upside Down; Urban; Vanishing Point; Vertical; Voluptuous; Walls; Warm; Water; Weather; Wet Wet Wet; White noise; Wind; Window; Wings; Winterval; Wood; Work; Work, Rest or Play; Xmas Excess; Yellow; Yes; Your neighbourhood; Missing; Shadows/ the spaces in between; The Road and the Sky.

Last edited:
Question for sorting aficionados: when someone reorganised the list above into alphabetical order a while back (ie before ‘Missing’ was added to the end), why did Disproportionate, Doors and Revolution end up amongst the ‘The’s’?

Gremlins. Sprites. Goblins. I have several living at the bottom of the meadow. Damned nuisance. Almost as bad a 2 litres of red wine.

qoJA8f2.jpg

Five so far and nearly a week to go! Great stuff, keep ’em coming. All invitations sent out to my panel of expert photographers and eminent art critics have now been accepted, so a vigorous discussion will take place and a decision made over a lengthy luncheon next Monday.

The judges’ panel has now made its decision. It was great to have seven entries to choose from (and thanks also to Ian, whose entry arrived during the chocolate pudding and Sauternes.) I decided to allow the others to whittle seven down to three then make the final choice myself. Their story is that I nodded off during the first stage as a result of over-indulgence, but don’t you believe them. Anyhow, after several jabs in the ribs and the offer of another glass of Tavel, I was alert enough to choose the winner. And for sheer exuberance I have decided on @stevied and his canna. Well done to him and thanks again to all of you for a terrific bunch of pics.

advertisement

Back