1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Photo Theme 257 - OPEN (anything goes!) - ends Sun 2nd June. Winner receives a free A4 print

Discussion in 'photo' started by Lefty, May 8, 2019.

1. Lefty

Lefty Trade: Amar Sood Photo

OPEN (anything goes!) - winner receives a free A4 print :)

In an attempt to encourage people to get involved, I have decided to run an open theme again. (i.e. anything goes).

The winner will also receive a free A4 print of their image printed by myself :)

Ends Midnight Sunday 02/06/2019.

The only protocols are:

1) ONE photograph to have been taken between this post and the end date (GMT/UTC midnight)
    2) Max dimensions 800 x 800px, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

Themes so far have been:

Cold; Unruly/disobedient; 4 Legged; My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings; 4 Legged; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Crowded; Retail; Cold; Arches; Space; Movement; Anything Goes (twice in a row); Outside; Emergency Services; Work; Scorch; Tiny; Album cover; Non-linear; Fill the frame; Rust; Festive sprit; New beginning; Open (anything goes);Texture / Dominant Colour; Close to home; Favourite thing

2. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Joe P and Mr Perceptive like this.
  3. JemHayward

JemHayward pfm Member

4. Lefty

Not long to go - only two days left :)

5. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Joe P and Tony Lockhart like this.
  6. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive Perceptive Member

Joe P likes this.
  7. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

[​IMG]Alliums by Ian123_running, on Flickr

In the garden today. This print would look very good in a room my wife is currently decorating!!

Joe P and saturn9 like this.
  8. John Barry

John Barry pfm Member

9. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Forking nice.

Pete

10. Lefty

This has been a VERY tough one to judge! Honestly, I liked them all, but in the end it came down to a choice between two images:

@John Barry 's striking and cleverly executed abstract, and @mentalp 's superb portrait.

After much deliberating, I've decided to go with Pete's portrait. Congrats Pete - over to you for the next theme and please send me a PM to arrange your print :)

Lefty

Mr Perceptive likes this.
  11. ian123running

ian123running pfm Member

mentalp makes exceedingly good portraits. Thanks for sharing them here, and thanks Lefty for the theme.

martin clark and Lefty like this.
  12. mentalp

mentalp pfm Member

Thanks for the compliments - new theme up