advertisement

Photo theme 245 - Scorch (Ends midnight Sunday 12th August 2018)

stevied

über wagonista
The next thread will be 'Scorch'. As usual, interpret as you wish!

Closing date will be Sunday 12th August 2018.

The only protocols are:

1) ONE photograph to have been taken between this post and the end date (GMT/UTC midnight)
2) Max dimensions 800 x 800px, to be displayed in line please, rather than linked.

*Please take note of the maximum dimensions.*

Themes so far have been:

Cold; Unruly/disobedient; 4 Legged; My favourite Beauty Spot; Simple; Weather; Decay; Old & New; Rhythm; Motion; Portrait; Inside; Work, Rest or Play; Spring; Three; Light; Up; Charm; Feminine; Bokeh; Naked; Upside Down; Natural World; Square; Long Exposure; Sliding; Dream; Street; Autumnal; Night; Fish out of Water; Candid; Winterval; Hope; Portrait; Simplicity; Lines; Coast; Power; Bleak; Close up; Rock; Mechanical; Reflection; Two of; Abstract; Green; Humour; Curves; Fruit; Mother nature; Smooth; Neon; "on forever's very now we stand"; At the water's edge; "Out with the old, in with the new"; Warm; Stranger; Modern Life Is Rubbish; Still Life; Sparkling; Distant; Intertwine; Flow; Paths; Freedom; Numbers; Urban; Faces Everywhere; Beautiful Evidence; Angles; Static; Shadows; Darlin' Companion; Chill; Single Colour; Atmosphere; Isolation; Implementation; Texture; Hidden; Silhouettes; Leisure; Sphere of Influence; Yes; Set; White noise; Another Fine Mess; Industrial; Interstitial; From Above; Age; Tension; Top to Bottom; Evening; Comfort; Wind; Yellow; On your doorstep; Complex; Vanishing Point; Indulgence; After Dark; Gesture; Parking; Incongruous; Spring Has Sprung; Infrastructure; Commerce; On Two Wheels; Lush; Feet; Athletic; Water; Go; Lunch; Escapism; Pause; Uncovered; Beer; Window; Contrast; Time; Voluptuous; Numerous; Patience; Wood; Objets Trouvés; Signs; Highly Strung; Park life; Transport; Symmetry; Enterprise; Interaction; Walls; Folded; Distorted; The Look of Love; The last days of Summer; Looking Out; Rustic; Polly Wants A Cracker; Oops; Wet Wet Wet; Building; Relaxing; Line; Food; Moving Still; Triangle; Noise; Empty; Tranquillity; Discontinuous; Translucent; The eyes have it, Disproportionate, Doors, Revolution; Recreation; Impression(ist); At the Market; Eye; Your neighbourhood; Straight out of camera! Round; Portal; Transport; Shopping Madness; High or Low; Hands; Back to Basics; The Golden Hour; Character; Bath; Vertical; Anticipation; Bloom; Bliss; Small; Grand Day Out; Red; Highlight; Modern World; Speed; Family; Holidays; Remote; Orange; Grain; Hardware; Construction; Reflect; Grey; Desolate; Morning; For the Record; Out & About; Massive; Thirds; Food of Love; The Great Outdoors; Sharp; Rubbish; The Facility; Independence; Shapes Everywhere; Constant Variable; Labour; Before & After; Glass; Great Balls of Fire; Anything Goes; Song Titles; Up Close; Black & White; Look Up or Look Down; Sporting Action; Kaleidoscope of Colours; Less Is More; Sunlight; Horsepower; Feet in the Picture; Sand, Sea or Sky; Frame It; Steel; Low light; Wings; 4 Legged; Lawlessness / Disobedience; Crowded; Retail; Cold; Arches; Space; Movement; Anything Goes (twice in a row); Outside; Emergency Services; Work.

image.php

Cool. What is the context of this one?

Thanks!

It's from a "fire extravaganza" that we saw whilst on the Isle Of Wight a couple of weeks ago.

This picture makes it seem a lot more serious than it actually was - it was very slapstick and highly amusing as well as impressive with the fire and knives tricks.

Thanks to all who entered this theme, I've liked all the entries :) And it's certainly given me something to think about!

There are several which have really stuck in mind and it's been hard to choose a winner.

Tony - your Santa Pod shot certainly conveys the pre-launch tension prior to those boots getting scorched down the 1/4 mile.
farfromthesun - that's a fab shot. Kind of satantic looking, even though the actual story behind it is not!
drummerman - I love the look and feel of your shot. It really does give the impression of heat & drought, plus I like the layered construction. How did you do that?
ian123running - this touched a nerve, but in a good way. It reminded me that when things are lost and you think your world is damaged beyond repair, there is always a way through. Life will continue and repair itself given time and favourable conditions. The new shoots growing from the burnt embers of those deceased trees prove it. It therefore my winner - well done Ian! :)

Wow, thanks Stevied - yes that's pretty much how it felt up there in the burn area. Devastation but everywhere new life coming through. I just had my 300mm lens (450mm equivalent) and picking out one of the flowers was the idea that worked best. Credit to my wife who suggested we go there when I told her the theme.

I really enjoyed all the other pics in the theme - it was a slow burner but some great shots. farfromthesun's fire performer is probably my favourite among the others. And Tony always seems to produce photos of really great quality.

Great theme that made us think a bit!

New theme very soon...

Ian

drummerman - I love the look and feel of your shot. It really does give the impression of heat & drought, plus I like the layered construction. How did you do that?

It was simply two shots of a tinder-dry palm tree from a couple of angles overlayed.

advertisement

Back