advertisement

Photo of plastic windshield first attempt disaster

richardg

Admonishtrator
Any pointers in how to improve this first attempt, please? It's maybe the trickiest thing to photo for my store that I have ever tried to photo.
52373361437_869cfea8aa_c.jpg

Polarising filter and some experimentation with additional lighting / placement behind the screen perhaps ?

Here is the original, before it went through fotofuze...seems to me it is seriously unable to process this kind of product, as the original picture looks nothing like what the edited version does. I'm loathe to move to photoshop as I just want white backgrounds fast. NO other features required.
52374724675_f289246173_c.jpg

Rich,

Took 2.147 seconds in Photoshop using the object selection tool. I don't know how to do what you want to do with free or inexpensive software, though good lighting would go a long way toward getting the result you'd like without needing to fart about with image-editing software.

Joe

Rich,

Took 2.147 seconds in Photoshop using the object selection tool. I don't know how to do what you want to do with free or inexpensive software, though good lighting would go a long way toward getting the result you'd like without needing to fart about with image-editing software.

Joe
Ah ok.to be fair just getting my head around its layers was too much for me last time i toiled over it...I'd need about 3 hours understanding how to use it for that one job.

I don't know if Photoshop Elements has the object selection tool, but it's one of the newer features in Photoshop.

Elements has a 'Quick Selection' tool which does pretty much the same job.

I just tried it on the windshield and it worked ....

Rich,

Looks sure looks like it, but I don't have Photoshop Elements so I can't confirm.

Joe

If you scroll down you will find the various selection tools - 'Quick Selection' is one of them - bit like a stick with a halo of dots around the top o_O
I've tried that stick halo thing in the past, it was much harder than what Joe is describing with a recently added feature called Object Selection

I've tried that stick halo thing in the past, it was much harder than what Joe is describing with a recently added feature called Object Selection

Took me no time at all to select the background and fill it white ...... but as the tutorial you linked to shows, other options are available ;)

Big difference between Elements and the full PS is a huge price difference and you can simply buy Elements rather than be saddled with an annual subscription.

Obvs - with that come limitations, but not really that many for the casual user.

advertisement

Back