advertisement

[WTD] Phonostage - £250 budget

Bullinachinashop

pfm Member
Evening all, my Stage is now the weakest link in my system chain so keen on a modest upgrade

Space quite tight - maximum 30cm W x 30 D x 10 H to accommodate one or two boxes

Let me know if you'd sell anything suitable

Thanks
Ross

I doubt anyone here will have heard this, or of It, but this is a seriously well designed phonostage in a tiny box:

https://sotaturntables.com/products/pyxi-phonostage/

You don't say If it's for MM or MC, so I will add that this phono does both.

Wyn Palmer (the designer) put the white paper on the website, and all the measurements you need are contained in there. For those interested in Phonostage design or how to use opamps correctly, he's worth reading up on.

I doubt anyone here will have heard this, or of It, but this is a seriously well designed phonostage in a tiny box:

https://sotaturntables.com/products/pyxi-phonostage/

You don't say If it's for MM or MC, so I will add that this phono does both.

Wyn Palmer (the designer) put the white paper on the website, and all the measurements you need are contained in there. For those interested in Phonostage design or how to use opamps correctly, he's worth reading up on.

Hello sir, I'm actually on their waiting list for a 240v version. Pretty sure you recommended it to me in the first place, so thanks again!

If anyone else is interested, they tell me they are definitely working on a UK version, as well as some enhancements to the original design. I emailed them direct in the States and they were very responsive

I have a Long Dog Audio MM stage, it's excellent performance and small. RRP is around £200, this one is about a year old and in NM condition for £140.

I have a Long Dog Audio MM stage, it's excellent performance and small. RRP is around £200, this one is about a year old and in NM condition for £140.
Thanks! I've ruled this one out unfortunately as cables running in the front and out the back will not get approved at home!

Hello sir, I'm actually on their waiting list for a 240v version. Pretty sure you recommended it to me in the first place, so thanks again!

If anyone else is interested, they tell me they are definitely working on a UK version, as well as some enhancements to the original design. I emailed them direct in the States and they were very responsive

They have realised there is a change they can make that significantly improves MC performance, if my info is correct.

Wyn is the real deal. I would love to see him develop this idea into a monster phonostage as I think he could do very well with it.

If it’s for MM, can’t recommend the Schiit Mani highly enough at that price point. Should be well inside your budget. They fetch retail prices on the used market.

for MC, you can pick up a used Cambridge 640p for £50. They’re an excellent starting point, and can be modded to spectacular results.

advertisement

Back