advertisement

Phonography

Tony that's an absolute cracker!! 99 Sqn?
Thanks, and yes.
A good bunch of guys all round. It was a refreshing change to be around aircraft with the RAF, for a change. It was a positive experience that has moved the option of rejoining further forward in my mind.

Further info on the photo. Taken with iPhone XS, then edited on lappy with Photoshop CC with plugins.

Thanks, and yes.
A good bunch of guys all round. It was a refreshing change to be around aircraft with the RAF, for a change. It was a positive experience that has moved the option of rejoining further forward in my mind.

Nice one. :)

Mrs Gromit did her OOA out in Turkey with 99 Sqn as their RAFLO in early 2014, arriving in the post the day before the Voyager 'incident'. Sh*t-hits-fan.

Aah - someone at BZN will give you the gen I'm sure. It did make the news however, but this probably isn't the place/thread to describe.

Aaah, @Gromit the plonker and the camera. Hmm.

All I’ll say is, the sooner the MAA is completely independent of the RAF, the better. It’s all still a little to cosy, which is exactly what the MAA was supposed to change after the awful Nimrod incident.

45587799015_da858ab4a2_c.jpg

iPhone 7 - no tweaks

Mr Tibbs

I love the angle on the B-17, Tony. That aircraft is in such perfect condition, it's a shame really that it's cooped up, and will never again take to its natural environment.

The American Air museum should have a B-26 Marauder. The Essex and Suffolk countryside were full of them in 1943-44, I don't think there's a single airframe representing the type in the UK. There's one at the D-Day Museum at Utah beach, beautifully restored and painted to represent a plane from the 387th BG 'The Flying Tigers', based at RAF Chipping Ongar.

I’ve just checked on how many Marauders survive, and including all flyers, those on display and those under restoration, six. Yep, from over 5,000 built, that’s it. Quite sad really.

Yes. The one in France that you mentioned, one flyer in the US, with two under restoration in the States and two on display.

I doubt we will see one any time soon.

A frosty start to the day. iPhone XS coping well with a bright, low, winter sun. This was the view as I opened the blinds. Not our paddock!

advertisement

Back