advertisement

Phonography

+1 to that - the Handley-Page Victor was awesome & still looks like 'the Future' (when its head hasn't been chopped-off, to be displayed on a pike, such as here)

+1 to that - the Handley-Page Victor was awesome & still looks like 'the Future' (when its head hasn't been chopped-off, to be displayed on a pike, such as here)

Well, the executions happened as an act of mercy. The fuselages, wings and tails were scrapped as soon as the RAF had no use for them.
Thankfully, five years of hard work by Duxford volunteers means that their complete airframe will outlast all of us:

My old dad used to watch Sunderlands taking off and landing at Poole when he was at prep school there just before the war. Must have been one hell of a sight.

Feed me!
52839769815_686dd08947_c.jpg

At the starting point of Bike4Life 2023, Shrewsbury, yesterday.

Last edited:
Well, the executions happened as an act of mercy. The fuselages, wings and tails were scrapped as soon as the RAF had no use for them.
Thankfully, five years of hard work by Duxford volunteers means that their complete airframe will outlast all of us:

Aaah - my favourite 'V' :)

Looks like the Duxford team have done a nice job.

The Cathedral of the Theotokos in Vilnius is the episcopal see of the Eastern Orthodox Christian Metropolitan of Vilnius and all Lithuania.

52866150580_ffe1c859f0_b.jpg

52866166625_3278f8834b_b.jpg

Vivo X90 Pro+

advertisement

Back