advertisement

Phonography

52457555923_56c0cc2345_c.jpg

Last weekend's walk to Bell Rock, behind Napier.

jmXgxW.jpg

7EG9E9.jpg

Y9AQce.jpg

SjPCwW.jpg

E1bTIH.jpg

NcEQdJ.jpg

dHHNlv.jpg

A recent move into a rented cottage on a friend's estate has disadvantages in terms of space and comfort, but as compensation I have miles of this, and rolling, almost roadless rural countryside, quite literally, on my doorstep.

Huawei P20 in monochrome setting, with Leica entrails. Very little post-processing.

I've been following this story on instagram. I not been able to establish why it is that the family is stopping. A great shame.

I've been following this story on instagram. I not been able to establish why it is that the family is stopping. A great shame.
They were interviewed on Radio Berkshire last week. Covid hit them hard and it was just getting too hard to continue, endless travelling and the difficulty of getting additional volunteers etc to help.

They hope to retain the collection in its entirety and find a very large warehouse to be able to restart indoors with a permanent set up.

As part of the celebrations of the 150th anniversary of RVW's birth, CBSO last night had a screening of Scott of the Antarctic. Vaughan Williams wrote the filmscore several years before completing his 7th Symphony (Sinfonia Antartica). I'm a huge RVW fan and rate his symphonies as some of the finest ever written. When asked 'what's your favourite Vaughan Williams symphony?'. I usually say 'the one I'm listening to at the time'.

A fabulous evening - the CBSO on brilliant form. Goosebumps.

CBSO by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

[That image shows a piece of utter magic.[/QUOTE]
One of many photos taken whilst walking there, unfortunately very few taken capture the magic I saw at the time - I thought this one did - thanks.

Today the rooks chose the power lines over the river for their morning meeting - often they're in a big circle in the middle of the field. I think they decide who's going where each day, as they all chatter loudly to each other and then split off into 2 or 3 groups and fly off in different directions.

I really enjoy watching them but they don't like it if I'm too close, and only settle down and get back to business once I've moved on a bit.

advertisement

Back