advertisement

Phonography

I'm sort of curious to know how many people spotted that Damien Hirst gold AK47 sitting inside that innocuous looking sash window that I posted a couple of days ago...

I had to pinch myself, it’s 2022 not 1972

LfT6EHG.jpg

I'm sort of curious to know how many people spotted that Damien Hirst gold AK47 sitting inside that innocuous looking sash window that I posted a couple of days ago...
It’s curious the way some fall on stony ground. I challenged my acrophobia, walked shakily out onto an aqueduct, stuffed my trilby between my knees so it wasn’t blown off and lost forever, waited for the sun to appear then, with a churning stomach, took both hands off the guard rail, waved as hard as I could with one and snapped my shadow hundreds of yards below (just possibly an exaggeration, but that’s what it felt like to me) with the other. The result drew a tumultuous round of ‘so what?’ Perhaps you had to be there (and see me shaking.) Never mind, eh!

It’s curious the way some fall on stony ground. I challenged my acrophobia, walked shakily out onto an aqueduct, stuffed my trilby between my knees so it wasn’t blown off and lost forever, waited for the sun to appear then, with a churning stomach, took both hands off the guard rail, waved as hard as I could with one and snapped my shadow hundreds of yards below (just possibly an exaggeration, but that’s what it felt like to me) with the other. The result drew a tumultuous round of ‘so what?’ Perhaps you had to be there (and see me shaking.) Never mind, eh!

I wouldn't have been able to have been there due to my extreme gephyrophobia.

I jest, but I too am not good with heights. I suffer from vertigo, which is very unpleasant. I first experienced it when looking over the edge of the Verdon Gorge 43 years ago.

Orford Ness is the weirdest place. It seems entirely unconnected with the world beyond, and at times with this world itself. It's a feeling beyond mere dystopian.

advertisement

Back