advertisement

Phonography

51340019783_15b26a2814_b.jpg

We had a load of those critters on our goat willow this year. They stripped the leaves from almost an entire branch! I left them be, so hopefully the resulting moths will keep the bats fed next year

Yeah we leave all such things alone too. Our cherry tree was covered in black aphids earlier in the year and then hordes of ladybird larvae appeared to feed on them, and then dozens and dozens of those fixed themselves to our shed to transform into adult ladybirds. The cherry tree did 'sort of' recover and produced a modest amount of cherries, which the blackbirds then promptly ate :). I think I got one or two that they hadn't spotted.

Lots of bats about in our garden last week when the weather was warm, doing circuits around our garden and coming within a few feet of us (sitting out late with drinks). I've seen quite a lot of bats when out on my bike at late dusk, it's almost like they deliberately fly alongside me at times.

uMNKL6D.jpg

w2qEzdL.jpg

Day out at North Berwick. Air Ambulance spent ages circling to spot their patient among rocks on the beach then land on the nearest green of the golf course.

The cows round here are ultra-competitive - here they are lining up this evening waiting for me to fire the starting pistol for the 100m sprint.

51501458805_37814e40d2_z.jpg

Sorry about the bug. I could have twiddled it out, but the essence of Phonography is straight from phone to web page with no tweakery at all. That’s my excuse, anyway.

advertisement

Back