advertisement

Phonography

51279624668_199a7df596_b.jpg

Huawei P40 Pro

According to my Aldi calipers a Westvleteren bottle is 63mm. Efficient use of space whilst maintaining that 3-4mm airgap around most of the bottle which is so important for, well, you know. (Waves arms frantically in standard explanatory fashion.) Just saying. I thought I ought to check the bottle didn’t contract when empty. Result inconclusive, I need to repeat the experiment.

51245788595_0c952332b1.jpg

To loose a salvo of 21 of those would be considered a blessing by most - might even amount to a humane & painless killing of an individual, if he gathers enough undamaged - but not exactly the humbling of an enemy... a bit spendy on ammo,too.

To loose a salvo of 21 of those would be considered a blessing by most - might even amount to a humane & painless killing of an individual, if he gathers enough undamaged - but not exactly the humbling of an enemy... a bit spendy on ammo,too.
Plus 21 represents three-quarters of a crate, and as you are limited to buying two crates in a three-month period it would make a sustained assault rather tricky.

But I do rather like the idea of the world's armed forces queueing up for their ammo on a bumpy track outside a Belgian monastery at the appointed time so a man with a clipboard can check their number plates are on the list and that they have followed the correct ordering procedure. And give them their deposit back on any empties they may have.

Today I went searching for eight sculptures made from tree trunks that are scattered around the Forest of Crécy. This one was not exactly where the map suggested, and when I looked to the other side of the path and saw it from a distance it was a real wow, WTF?? moment. It’s carved from a 5m piece of Douglas fir, just like my new best friend.

51326405466_ca52d4f957_c.jpg

Last edited:

advertisement

Back