advertisement

Phono stages with 2 inputs

vinylmonkey

pfm Member
I run 2 arms/cartridges so exploring if there's a phono stage out there would be an upgrade in performance and has inputs for 2 cartridges.

I currently use a Hana EH with Slee Era Gold and Decca/London Supergold with Croft RIAA.

The Goldnote PH-10 has excellent reviews. Can anyone share first-hand experience?

Does the Goldnote (or anything else) offer inputs for 2 arms AND a step-up in quality from what I already have?

I run an Allnic Audio HS1500 II SE phono stage. It has two inputs both of which are switchable between MM and MC although I use mine with a ANJ S6c SUT so I only use an MM input. By far the nicest phono stage I have used.

Second the Aria, although haven't compared it to other dual input stages. Have compared it to the Croft (or at least the Micro 25 - maybe the standalone RIAA is better) and prefer the Aria, I think.

Thanks all. With current cartridges/arms I need 2x MM with RCA inputs. MM/MC flexibility obviously a bonus.

At £5k+ I'd hope the Aesthetix and Allnic are both very good! So let's aim for £1k-ish. Any feedback on the Goldnote?

Cyrus Signature
Up to 4 turntables, independently switched.
Brilliant phono stage which can be upgraded with pact power supply (I didn’t notice much difference!!)

ps and also that any contender should be a worthwhile improvement (if possible at that price) on my Croft and Slee

The Slee is nice, I like it. It has a warm, organic feel. I chose the Aria over it as the Aria is totally neutral, it has no sound of its own, and is more dynamic with a wider sound. Both nice but do not sound alike.

The forthcoming Tron Atlantic Phono stage will have 2 switchable inputs plus 3 levels of switchable MC gain. No dip switches or link straps. Just a 3 position toggle switch. Also there will be 4 levels of tune and upgrades from one to any level. Prices start from £3500 to £9995.

The forthcoming Tron Atlantic Phono stage will have 2 switchable inputs plus 3 levels of switchable MC gain. No dip switches or link straps. Just a 3 position toggle switch. Also there will be 4 levels of tune and upgrades from one to any level. Prices start from £3500 to £9995.

Just slightly past OP’s budget of 1 k(ish), though . . .

Cyrus Signature
Up to 4 turntables, independently switched.
Brilliant phono stage which can be upgraded with pact power supply (I didn’t notice much difference!!)
Yep it’s very good, also noticed a small improvement with the psx-r2, dubious if worth the extra cost although second hand makes it more affordable. The other stage I considered was the Musical Fidelity Nu Vista, there is a lower down version that might suit M6X.
https://www.musicalfidelity.com/products/m6series/m6x-vinyl

Mola Mola Makua preamp with built in Phono offers much better quality and the ability to have up to 5 phono inputs each with their own settings. Possibly could have up to 10 if 5 of them have balanced outputs.

advertisement

Back