advertisement

Phono Stage recommendations

Avid Pulsus.
I have one of these (paid just under £1000 ex-demo) and it was the single most noticeable ‘wow’ upgrade I’ve ever noticed in my system. I was going from a schiit Mani, so can’t comment of how it compares to higher-end stuff. But…a lovely bit of kit.

The Tron Convergence is available to order and within your budget. The MC version is £1400 and the Signature version is £1600. You would have to spend many thousands to better them.

https://tron-electric.co.uk/convergence/convergence-phono-stage/

Convergence-1.jpeg

I spent less than that on something that was comfortably better. In fact it is comfortably better than a Tron 7 Ultimate, & I am not alone in that opinion.

And that something was?

Well, I have no problem disclosing what it is, but the real point of my post was to say that "better", or "best", is very much in the ear of the beholder. A claim by anyone that that they have/make a stage that is thousands of pounds better than a competitor is a huge one.

Well, I have no problem disclosing what it is, but the real point of my post was to say that "better", or "best", is very much in the ear of the beholder. A claim by anyone that that they have/make a stage that is thousands of pounds better than a competitor is a huge one.

It’s always good to receive a few suggestions especially when there are hundreds of phono stages out there, and of course the only ears that count are mine

i wouldn't know the cost to buy 1 as i built my own but its certainly not many thousands more than the tron as stated.
try to listen to as many as you can before buying,where abouts in the country are you?

i wouldn't know the cost to buy 1 as i built my own but its certainly not many thousands more than the tron as stated.
try to listen to as many as you can before buying,where abouts in the country are you?

i think its £1300, down the coast from Glasgow

Jamie 123 is correct, I have a Big Bottle Mk3. Cost to me was under £1,000 new. I bought it because it comfortably bettered the Aurorasound Vida I owned at the time.

advertisement

Back