advertisement

Phono Stage recommendations

The Lindemann Limetree Phono has really impressed me. It is well within your budget, even if you add a decent linear PSU (such as one from MCRU). I have mine sitting along phono stages from Nagra and Tron and, while it is not up the same level as those two (obviously) it is not embarrassed either. I have heard some much more expensive phono stages which do not sound as good. The Limetree Phono is very musical and engaging, and I think is a bit of bargain.

Here it is hiding amongst the Tron and Nagra.

IMG-5892.jpg

The R32 is a fine phono stage. I would suggest that if possible you do an A/B comparison with the R32 and any potential replacement, rather than assume that something new with rave reviews will better it. You might disapoint yourself.
I have an R32 and it sounds great to me (with AT33PTGii). Has anyone here compared it to the later R35?

Cheers

Iain.

I will be interested to hear what you think if you hear the Pathos as I am considering a new phono stage atm and have a Pathos Logos amp.

Trichord make some nice stages at all levels from £600-£2000. I went for the Dino Mk3 with NC PSU, I'm delighted with the clarity, neutrality and very low noise floor.

Birdseed007
Agree. Preferred to Naim Superline in an all-Naim system.

There are so many to choose from that it's daunting. I have listened to the following at length in my own system
Esoteric E-03
Brinkmann Fein
Dynavector P75 II
Allnic (can't remember model)
Parks Audio Puffin
Linn Uphorik

My favourite is the Uphorik, although the Puffin is great value and the Esoteric certainly had impressive hifi resolving qualities.

I should like to home demo Tron, Whest, Rega, Ear, Paradise and all those mentioned above, but as I said, it's a daunting prospect to find the time and the funds to compare in a relaxed way in a familiar system over a range of discs.

There are so many to choose from that it's daunting. I have listened to the following at length in my own system
Esoteric E-03
Brinkmann Fein
Dynavector P75 II
Allnic (can't remember model)
Parks Audio Puffin
Linn Uphorik

My favourite is the Uphorik, although the Puffin is great value and the Esoteric certainly had impressive hifi resolving qualities.

I should like to home demo Tron, Whest, Rega, Ear, Paradise and all those mentioned above, but as I said, it's a daunting prospect to find the time and the funds to compare in a relaxed way in a familiar system over a range of discs.

At the moment i am happy with my Primare R32, but i do have some spare funds, comparing the phono stages is probably the hard part.

advertisement

Back