advertisement

Phono Stage for Simply Italy Valve Amp

Mr.Nic

pfm Member
OK, I've been fannying around with my system. New tonearm and a recent swap to a Unison Research Simply Italy amp. I'm pretty happy with everything but just wondered what phono stages others with Unison Research amps are using?

Long story short, I was using a P75 however since swapping the tonearm/amp I've had earthing/grounding issues. I've tried an earthing plug (mains) but the only thing that's fixed it has been swapping the P75 for a fully grounded Firebottle that I was using in my second system. To be fair, it sounds pretty decent but I'm open to suggestions.

Vinyl system is Gyro SE / Audiomods V / DV 20x2.

I am using a Graham Slee Revelation M with my Linn LP12 and Simply Italy. It is a very nice combination. I am though tempted to get a valve Phono Stage - Croft or Icon Audio - as I would like to see how valves through the analogue chain sound.

What speakers are you using with your Simply Italy if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks.

The Firebottle is a valve phono and I have to admit it’s good so far with the Simply Italy.

Speakers are B&W CM9 - wasn’t sure they would be a good match but all sounds good to my ears.

Thanks. I personally think the Simply Italy is one of the best amps I’ve had - seems to be able to drive most speakers. Would be interest to hear it with some high sensitivity speakers to really see what it can do.

I’ll look into the Firebottle - sounds interesting.

advertisement

Back