1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[FS] Philips CD960 (aka Marantz CD94 mk1)

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Mike P, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

FOR SALE:

Philips CD960 (aka Marantz CD94 mk1)

Top of the line vintage CD player from the ‘golden age’ of CD.

Amazing build and stunning sound quality with the ‘best of the best’ TDA1541A DAC and CDM1 laser mech.

This example comes from my personal collection is in great cosmetic condition.

It has been very comprehensively serviced (rebuilt would be more accurate) and sympathetically upgraded to further enhance the already great sound quality these players are famous for.

· CDM1 laser mech, completely stripped down, cleaned and reassembled with fresh lubricant.

· New top quality belts fitted to laser mech.

· Laser optics carefully cleaned.

· All laser alignment and electronic adjustments done.

· Neatly converted to 240v operation by installing a small bucking transformer (visible rear left corner). If the new owner lives in a country with 220v mains I will be happy to return the player to 220v spec, just ask.

· Mundorf M-Lytic main power supply caps for analogue power supply.

· Schottky diodes for analogue power supply.

· Analogue stage completely recapped with top quality parts from Panasonic, Elna and Nichicon. Elna Silmic and Elna Cerafine used for all critical positions.

· All of the film caps around the DAC chip have been removed and tested to establish the orientation of their outer foil and then reinstalled with the outer foil towards the ground terminals.

· The DAC chip has been upgraded from the earlier TDA1541 to the later and much improved TDA1541A. A socket has been installed making it easy to further upgrade this to a TDA1541A s1 or s2 in the future.

· The SAA7220P/A has been upgraded to the later SAA7220P/B.

· A dedicated voltage regulator has been installed for the SAA7220 (this alone is a big upgrade).

· Servo board, digital filter board and CDM1 PCB fully recapped with top quality parts.

Plus many other small tweaks and upgrades too numerous to mention!

Supplied with the correct remote control, which is in excellent condition and power cord with UK plug fitted.

I’m extremely reluctant to post this beauty and would much prefer to arrange collection from my home (Sheffield area) or meeting up halfway, if at all practical.

I shall of course be very happy to demonstrate the player.

Very very rare in this condition!

Price is firm at £375

£30 non-refundable deposit secures it for 1 month

[​IMG]P1110380 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110381 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110382 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110383 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110384 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110385 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110387 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110388 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

[​IMG]P1110389 by Michael Pickwell, on Flickr

2. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 35yrs a Naim owner

What a beauty!!!

Someone is in for a bargain there!!

3. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Thanks, I'll be a bit sad to see this one go.

4. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

5. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Replied

6. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Sold STP

7. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Not at all surprised that didn't hang round long what a beauty.