Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Philips CD-460

Discussion in 'charity' started by Funk, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Funk

Funk pfm Member

I mentioned this unit in this thread a couple of years ago. It went back in a cupboard and got forgotten about. It's in reasonable cosmetic condition for its age and plays fine for a while but then gets a slight distortion; the drawer also lacks the oomph to drop the front fascia down by itself. Members mention on the thread these are probably easily fixed, alas I lack the skill or desire to do it myself.. It'd be a shame to just bin it, perhaps someone can give it another lease of life?

Would be happy for a PFer to have this as a project for a small donation (£10?) to Epilepsy Society.

Unfortunately it's unboxed so would need to be collection from Worthing, W.Sussex or I could meet within a reasonable distance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

gustav_errata likes this.
  2. Funk

Funk pfm Member

Monday bump. If anyone would like this even without charity donation then they're welcome to it. It'll be going to the tip in a week otherwise.

3. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

Would be a shame to skip it. I'd have it but for the facts that A: I'm nowhere near you (Midlands) and; B: SWMBO would probably have a dicky-fit :eek::D

Mike P likes this.
  4. Funk

Funk pfm Member

I do hate throwing stuff away, it sticks in the craw. If I can find a way of packaging it up would you like it for the cost of shipping? I might be able to bodge something box-wise.

5. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

I agree, it'd be a crying shame to chuck it.

I'd be up for taking it but only if it can be posted.

6. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Crossed posts.

Give it to AP if he wants it.

7. Funk

Funk pfm Member

If he thinks his o/h will have his knackers for it then it's yours... @a.palfreyman - if you do want it would you be willing to donate the cost of shipping to Epilepsy Society?

8. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

Thanks Funk. To much risk.... (My music room has too much stuff in it, so I'm told)
    Let Mike P have it.

9. Funk

Funk pfm Member

No probs. @Mike P - have PM'd you.

10. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

Replied.

11. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

It just arrived and I've made a donation to the Epilepsy Society.

Funk likes this.
  12. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

^^ Glutton and punishment sprint mind... ;)

13. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

I don't know what you mean. My wife is thrilled to have the 19th CD player in the house.

Not.

14. a.palfreyman

a.palfreyman pfm Member

Well, if you WILL go and tell her.... :eek:

15. 337alant

337alant Negatively Biased

I tend to sneak them in whilst she is out shopping, if that covert operation is successful then I have had it for years if she notices :cool::D

Mike I'm sure you will restore it too, or better than it was when new;)

Alan